This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is is OK for my wife to talk to her ex boyfriend from 20 years ago on the phone once a week.?
11-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Is is OK for my wife to talk to her ex boyfriend from 20 years ago on the phone once a week.?
My wife hooked up with her Ex boyfriend on Facebook. They chat on the phone about once a week. This feels weird to me even though I totally trust her. She says they are just friends catching up on old times.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 06:45 PM

dont worry about it. just friends. 20 years is alot too. even if its just 2 years dont worry

Ads

... i wouldnt think so....

i guess it is just a trust game .....if it was me i'd be a little suspicious other wise she would have no need to talk to him ....just talk to her i would recomend

Well here is a sure fire test to find out: Look up an ex of your own and see if your wife thinks its appropriate if not then perhaps she will realize that what she is doing is not ok either.

You should DEFINITELY talk to her and share your thoughts about the subject.

I'm not saying that they have more than just a friendship; but my mom divorced my dad last year, after 19 years of marriage, because she hooked up with her ex boyfriend through fb. On the other hand, I'm still very good friends with every guy i've dated so far, and it means nothing beyond friendship.

As long as communication remains open, you don't have to worry; but I would make sure the communication is there. I'm very, very happy to hear that the trust is still there Smile

Good luck!

yes. it was 20 years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw02DhS5eLk

Since it's bothering you, then it's not ok. The time she's giving her attention to him, is time and attention she's denying you. I wonder if she thinks it'd be ok if you talked to one of your ex-girlfriends once a week. Tell your wife how you feel about it.

Is it OK? I don't know I'm not married to her you are.

You decide.

It doesn't bother me at all that she does that...but then I don't know her...YOU decide what behavior you will and will not accept in your partner...either you think it's "OK" or you do not...

If everyone here says it's 'bad' would you try to get her to stop??? If everyone here said it was fine, would you forget the issue completely??? You're living with it...you decide it if's an issue or not...