Twitist Forums
What is your favorite thing about Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What is your favorite thing about Facebook? (/thread-34281.html)

What is your favorite thing about Facebook? - Meredith - 11-09-2012 07:11 PM

I recently signed up for Facebook. Within days, a friend whom I haven't seen since I was 17 -- which was many years ago! -- "friended" me. When we spoke on the phone, it was like no time had passed. I love being able to reunite with people from my past.

Out of curiosity, what is it that you like about using Facebook??

- Charli - 11-09-2012 07:19 PM

The "like" button. Lol Tongue

- Caity - 11-09-2012 07:19 PM

That I can keep in touch with my friends.

I'm trying to find a few people who were in my old school..
One of them is Courtney, The other one is Kelly, As I remember.

- busy_bee - 11-09-2012 07:19 PM

checking out pictures-and checking in with people without having to call every person. much quicker and easier if you're busy like me

- Toddles - 11-09-2012 07:19 PM

I can stalk right from my computer now and get more information than ever! Yay!

- Alliiieee!!!!!! - 11-09-2012 07:19 PM

the easy way of creeping on people

- mottthedog - 11-09-2012 07:19 PM

The exact same thing. I found an old girlfriend...and we stayed friends afterward, but I still hadn't talked to her in something like 35 years, and now we "chat" back & forth (and my wife also considers her a friend). I've connected to old frat brothers that I haven't seen in 35-40 years...people I worked with way back...and even relatives.

My wife has a number of uncles, aunts, a sister, a brother and more cousins than I can count on it, and it gives me a great chances to put in some jabs now and then. Some times it's fun to start something going and then just sit back and watch the flow of the conversation.

I told my older, but little, sister about getting on it..and gave her the sales pitch, and she did this past Saturday. By Saturday night, a friend she hadn't seen or talked to in years connected with her.

I have friends on Facebook all over the country that I can connect to instantly either all at once, or just one on one. I don't quite know how to put it in words, but it's comforting to know you're just a keyboard away from friends & family...if you understand what I'm trying to say.

My problem is that I'm not a computer person and have to learn more about being able to post pictures, etc., and then I think it will work even better.

- Theresa - 11-09-2012 07:19 PM

It connected me again with my granddaughter who I have not seen or heard from since she was five yrs. old. She is now almost 17 and just went through a open heart surgery. I keep in touch with her through face book and she has pictures posted there so I can see her as she grows into a young adult. Also I can chat with her and my daughter in law. And my other children and grandchildren.