Twitist Forums
What would happen if a British Army soldier avoided paying child support? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What would happen if a British Army soldier avoided paying child support? (/thread-34916.html)

What would happen if a British Army soldier avoided paying child support? - airplanegirl@ymail.com - 11-09-2012 07:31 PM

My friend has just given birth & the father of her baby is a soldier in the British Army Air Corp & disappeared when she was 6 months gone. Aswell as changing his number, he has become un-searchable on Facebook etc. As a soldier, what would the consequences be for him if she contacted the Army herself, and informed them that he was avoiding his responsibility as a father??

- Hugo - 11-09-2012 07:39 PM

I don't know about Britain but in the US, a soldier's command cannot make him assume financial responsibility for his children. That requires a court order.

- Kikook - 11-09-2012 07:39 PM

In America if the Soldier doesn't pay his Child Support, his paycheck automatically gets a bigger portion taken out, and given to the wife till the child is 18 or if retires which then goes to his retirement. I would imagine the BAAC would have something similiar.

- chindit - 11-09-2012 07:39 PM

The army cannot make him pay it is up to the courts, CSA etc to make him pay.

- tonyinspain - 11-09-2012 07:39 PM

1ST HE CANT CHANGE HIS ARMY NUMBER
2ND YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE HIS NAME,RANK,UNIT AND NUMBER ALSO ARMY RECORDS AT FULFORD BARRACKS, YORK WILL HAVE HIS DETAILS GET A LAWYER TO TALK TO THEM, A MESSAGE WILL BE PASSED TO HIM AND HE WILL HAVE TO SORT SUPPORT FOR THE CHILD PROVIDING THE CHILD IS HIS