This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What would happen if a British Army soldier avoided paying child support?
11-09-2012, 07:31 PM
What would happen if a British Army soldier avoided paying child support?
My friend has just given birth & the father of her baby is a soldier in the British Army Air Corp & disappeared when she was 6 months gone. Aswell as changing his number, he has become un-searchable on Facebook etc. As a soldier, what would the consequences be for him if she contacted the Army herself, and informed them that he was avoiding his responsibility as a father??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:39 PM

I don't know about Britain but in the US, a soldier's command cannot make him assume financial responsibility for his children. That requires a court order.

Ads

In America if the Soldier doesn't pay his Child Support, his paycheck automatically gets a bigger portion taken out, and given to the wife till the child is 18 or if retires which then goes to his retirement. I would imagine the BAAC would have something similiar.

The army cannot make him pay it is up to the courts, CSA etc to make him pay.

1ST HE CANT CHANGE HIS ARMY NUMBER
2ND YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE HIS NAME,RANK,UNIT AND NUMBER ALSO ARMY RECORDS AT FULFORD BARRACKS, YORK WILL HAVE HIS DETAILS GET A LAWYER TO TALK TO THEM, A MESSAGE WILL BE PASSED TO HIM AND HE WILL HAVE TO SORT SUPPORT FOR THE CHILD PROVIDING THE CHILD IS HIS