Twitist Forums
How do some fathers & mothers get away with this? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How do some fathers & mothers get away with this? (/thread-35708.html)

Pages: 1 2

How do some fathers & mothers get away with this? - Managing Life - 11-09-2012 07:56 PM

Posting pictures of themselves (on their time off from the kids) drinking and getting high , then posting the pictures all over the internet(facebook)
Then having the album next to it with their children in it.
I just think it's rather trashy.
What about you?

- davya85 - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

The getting high part is definately trashy, but as far as drinking, it depends. There's a huge difference between taking a few pictures have cocktails with your girlfriends at dinner and doing shots at bars and clubs every night.

- Christopher - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

It's definitely trashy either way do to having the children's photos there too! It's not good as a parent what so ever! CPS sees these photos they'll lose their kids, it will serve them right! Stupidity gets you no where!

- Maddox - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

I think it's disgusting. GREAT Parenting!

- chickenfarmer - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

I second Davya.....you can't tell by a photo with booze if the person is sloppy drunk and neglecting her kids. If there's booze and she's posing doing something questionable then that's different.

- BoSox27 - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

I personally wouldn't do either. I don't use drugs and I rarely drink to start. However, there is a bit of a difference between having a picture snapped when one just so happens to be holding a glass of wine and a picture in which one is doing keg stands or using illegal drugs. I get what you're saying, though.

- BoSox27 - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

As long as they aren't getting drunk and high in the child's presence, then I see nothing wrong with it..besides the fact that smoking weed is illegal.

- scrawnystar044 - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

I agree with the first answer completely.
Getting high - disgusting behaviour as a parent (coming from someone who used to take class A's before I was pregnant, then grew the hell up), photos or no photos.
Drinking - depends in what context. If it's photos from a rare night out with friends and there are a few drinks being consumed then I don't see it as a problem - I have a few night out pics on my facebook, I haven't been on many nights outs but the few I have been on there've always been lots of photos from, and it's a nice keepsake. And yes, there will be albums of my son next to it because he is the main thing I take photographs from! If you're speaking about these mums that are out every night week getting pissed then it's a different story, not appropriate at all. But as I said, if it's just a very occasional lighthearted thing, I don't think we need to be prudes about it.

- Jen - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

My stepsister is one of those people.
She has pictures of her passed out in what looks like just a bra and panties and others of that sort, and then an album of her son...but she just happens to be a pretty bad parent in general.

- amyvnsn - 11-09-2012 08:04 PM

Well, people have all kinds of sides to them. Because someone smokes after their kids are in bed or whenever they are alone doesn't make them bad parents. I see posting pictures about is kind of trashy, and b/c people like you that judge them they should not be posted at all. Especially since it is illegal!!!