This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do some fathers & mothers get away with this?
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
How do some fathers & mothers get away with this?
Posting pictures of themselves (on their time off from the kids) drinking and getting high , then posting the pictures all over the internet(facebook)
Then having the album next to it with their children in it.
I just think it's rather trashy.
What about you?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:04 PM

The getting high part is definately trashy, but as far as drinking, it depends. There's a huge difference between taking a few pictures have cocktails with your girlfriends at dinner and doing shots at bars and clubs every night.

Ads

It's definitely trashy either way do to having the children's photos there too! It's not good as a parent what so ever! CPS sees these photos they'll lose their kids, it will serve them right! Stupidity gets you no where!

I think it's disgusting. GREAT Parenting!

I second Davya.....you can't tell by a photo with booze if the person is sloppy drunk and neglecting her kids. If there's booze and she's posing doing something questionable then that's different.

I personally wouldn't do either. I don't use drugs and I rarely drink to start. However, there is a bit of a difference between having a picture snapped when one just so happens to be holding a glass of wine and a picture in which one is doing keg stands or using illegal drugs. I get what you're saying, though.

As long as they aren't getting drunk and high in the child's presence, then I see nothing wrong with it..besides the fact that smoking weed is illegal.

I agree with the first answer completely.
Getting high - disgusting behaviour as a parent (coming from someone who used to take class A's before I was pregnant, then grew the hell up), photos or no photos.
Drinking - depends in what context. If it's photos from a rare night out with friends and there are a few drinks being consumed then I don't see it as a problem - I have a few night out pics on my facebook, I haven't been on many nights outs but the few I have been on there've always been lots of photos from, and it's a nice keepsake. And yes, there will be albums of my son next to it because he is the main thing I take photographs from! If you're speaking about these mums that are out every night week getting pissed then it's a different story, not appropriate at all. But as I said, if it's just a very occasional lighthearted thing, I don't think we need to be prudes about it.

My stepsister is one of those people.
She has pictures of her passed out in what looks like just a bra and panties and others of that sort, and then an album of her son...but she just happens to be a pretty bad parent in general.

Well I don't get high but I do drink and I do have pictures of me and friends out having fun. I know my limit when it comes to drinking and I don't get so drunk that I'm passing out or don't remember what I'm doing or where I am. There's nothing wrong with having a beer in my hand in one picture and a picture of my kids sitting in my lap in the next.