Twitist Forums
Should I send a condolence message or just leave him alone? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Should I send a condolence message or just leave him alone? (/thread-36011.html)

Should I send a condolence message or just leave him alone? - creasicle - 11-09-2012 08:07 PM

So I have this friend, we're not really close in fact we've only met 5 or 6 times and I saw today that he had posted on facebook the date and time of his mum's funeral. I was thinking of sending him a message but then I thought loads of people will have messaged him and didn't want to hassle him. What do you think? If yes, what should I say?

- DAR76 - 11-09-2012 08:16 PM

You could send him a quick email. I don't think he would think you were pestering him.

- Helen - 11-09-2012 08:16 PM

In my opinion, it's always best to regret making the effort, than to regret NOT making the effort.
I'm sure he would appreciate everyone's kindness, especially at such a difficult time. It doesn't matter that you don't know him well - it's the thought that counts. Just keep it short and sincere.

- bigsamples - 11-09-2012 08:16 PM

Close friends or not, it would mean so much to him if you will send a message for his bereavement..and u would not be sending a message without a purpose, in fact it goes to show that you took notice of his sadness. not a big deal, send anyway..

- whisperingstranger164 - 11-09-2012 08:16 PM

Yes send him a message online. Say "I am so sorry for your loss" simple and short to let him know people care about him.

- Joe - 11-09-2012 08:16 PM

It's always appropriate to send condolences. You won't be hassling him. Just tell him you're sorry to hear about his mom.

- Leslie J - 11-09-2012 08:16 PM

Send a sincere email and keep it simple like I am very sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.