This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I send a condolence message or just leave him alone?
11-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Should I send a condolence message or just leave him alone?
So I have this friend, we're not really close in fact we've only met 5 or 6 times and I saw today that he had posted on facebook the date and time of his mum's funeral. I was thinking of sending him a message but then I thought loads of people will have messaged him and didn't want to hassle him. What do you think? If yes, what should I say?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:16 PM

You could send him a quick email. I don't think he would think you were pestering him.

Ads

In my opinion, it's always best to regret making the effort, than to regret NOT making the effort.
I'm sure he would appreciate everyone's kindness, especially at such a difficult time. It doesn't matter that you don't know him well - it's the thought that counts. Just keep it short and sincere.

Close friends or not, it would mean so much to him if you will send a message for his bereavement..and u would not be sending a message without a purpose, in fact it goes to show that you took notice of his sadness. not a big deal, send anyway..

Yes send him a message online. Say "I am so sorry for your loss" simple and short to let him know people care about him.

It's always appropriate to send condolences. You won't be hassling him. Just tell him you're sorry to hear about his mom.

Send a sincere email and keep it simple like I am very sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.