Twitist Forums
How often do you get the feeling that someone is Googling you? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: How often do you get the feeling that someone is Googling you? (/thread-36741.html)

How often do you get the feeling that someone is Googling you? - Phoenix of Desire - 11-09-2012 08:33 PM

As in typing your name on the Google search engine and trying to find some info on you. I feel like that often and that is one of the reasons why I don't do things like myspace, facebook, twitter, and other social network sites like that. I have never trusted that and don't see why so many do.

- Alex - 11-09-2012 08:41 PM

who cares if some one looks up my stuff ( but i am 5 10 230 and look like ive done time)

- Jim Kirk - 11-09-2012 08:41 PM

I don't get that feeling, but I do feel the same way about all those stupid sites, albeit for less paranoidal reasons. The gov't mines data from all of those sites building profiles on people. Just because that Nazi, Bush, is out of office doesn't mean that they have stopped. In the late '90s, the FBI unleased Carnivore on the net, and they still use that program. Data mining is something that they cannot resist, so I avoid those sites that the idiots seem to embrace with glee.

- Harley Quinn - 11-09-2012 08:41 PM

All the time. Seriously, type in "Harley" and "Harley Quinn" appears as a suggestion. It's just be done *that* many times. -_-

- Rio Madeira - 11-09-2012 08:41 PM

I just check the stats on WordPress. According to them, I get Googled almost every day.

- Niko - 11-09-2012 08:41 PM

It happens more than we think. That's why I have many aliases both online and offline.

- fa fas - 11-09-2012 08:41 PM

yeah...... that's the way the world is. everyone's nosy.

i'm nosy too.

- mountaincedar2008a - 11-09-2012 08:41 PM

we have always watched you