Twitist Forums
My mom passed away in May, is there a way I can contact Facebook and they can give me her pw? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: My mom passed away in May, is there a way I can contact Facebook and they can give me her pw? (/thread-36836.html)

My mom passed away in May, is there a way I can contact Facebook and they can give me her pw? - Nicole - 11-09-2012 08:36 PM

My mom passed away in May, and since then family has made facebooks and so have some family friends. Is there a way I can get Facebook to give me her password so I can keep it moderate and accept friends requests from the people that were close to her? I also don't want the facebook to get deleted since it is being kept as her memorial. Any help would be great, thank you in advance.

- sisu - 11-09-2012 08:44 PM

The person who is the executor of her estate can provide the Letters of Testamentary from the probate court. They may then provide the password to that individual.

- louddesk125 - 11-09-2012 08:44 PM

My condolences to you and your family. I'm not a facebook user but I'd say they'd have password reset options, or a number you could call to give proof that she has passed and you'd like to take control of the account. Good luck.