Twitist Forums
How do I turn off Facebook notifications sent to my email but still have notifications on inside Facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook notifications (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: How do I turn off Facebook notifications sent to my email but still have notifications on inside Facebook? (/thread-36892.html)

Pages: 1 2

How do I turn off Facebook notifications sent to my email but still have notifications on inside Facebook? - Thomas - 11-09-2012 08:38 PM

This might sound confusing but bear with me, having the notifications sent to my email is very annoying and I want to turn that feature off but leave notifications that show up on Facebook on. Is this possible?

- Brandon - 11-09-2012 08:46 PM

Account >> Account Settings >> Notifications tab

- Shoomfie - 11-09-2012 08:46 PM

open the "account" drop down menu. Click "my account". go to the "Notification tab". Un-check the the boxes under email.

- Lachie Robinson - 11-09-2012 08:46 PM

on your homepage, go to the account tab in the top right hand corner. then click "account settings". there will be a bunch of tabs for different things. one is called "notifications" click on it and you will get a list of things that you get notified for. if you want you can leave some so that you still get notifications for certain things but other wise just uncheck everything. dont worry this only disables the email notifications. you will still get all your notifications within facebook itself.

- Mendy - 11-09-2012 08:46 PM

Log into your Facebook. At the top, click account and go to account settings. Then click notifications across the top and uncheck every box underneath the email column.

- soPOPULAR - 11-09-2012 08:46 PM

go to account setting on the top right hand corner OR until your profile and you will see it.

- ? - 11-09-2012 08:46 PM

Go to settings pull up SMS and take off the check marks that you don't want. There is a list there.

- Josh - 11-09-2012 08:46 PM

Ok, here's what you do! Big Grin

(1) click on account
(2) click account settings
(3) click notifications
(4) scroll down the page and check the boxes for stuff you want to get emailed and uncheck the boxes you don't want to get emails for

And that it! hope this helps!!!

- Jacinta C - 11-09-2012 08:46 PM

yes it is annoying.believe me i wish i knew

- Stazz - 11-09-2012 08:46 PM

Account settings , email tab , uncheck what you don't want emailed. When you log on, it will still show you your notifications in red towards left side , from the full site/pc mode that is ...