This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I turn off Facebook notifications sent to my email but still have notifications on inside Facebook?
11-09-2012, 08:38 PM
How do I turn off Facebook notifications sent to my email but still have notifications on inside Facebook?
This might sound confusing but bear with me, having the notifications sent to my email is very annoying and I want to turn that feature off but leave notifications that show up on Facebook on. Is this possible?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:46 PM

Account >> Account Settings >> Notifications tab

Ads

Log into your Facebook. At the top, click account and go to account settings. Then click notifications across the top and uncheck every box underneath the email column.

Go to settings pull up SMS and take off the check marks that you don't want. There is a list there.

Ok, here's what you do! Big Grin

(1) click on account
(2) click account settings
(3) click notifications
(4) scroll down the page and check the boxes for stuff you want to get emailed and uncheck the boxes you don't want to get emails for

And that it! hope this helps!!!

open the e-mail, go to the bottom, change notifications

Josh's Answer was the best one because he described in step-by-step fashion how to do this for you. I hope you are monitoring this and understand how to follow his advice?

"Ok, here's what you do! Big Grin

(1) click on account
(2) click account settings
(3) click notifications
(4) scroll down the page and check the boxes for stuff you want to get emailed and uncheck the boxes you don't want to get emails for

And that it! hope this helps!!!
Source(s):
Josh's brain"

Don't pick mine as the "Best Answer", that would not be fair to the guy who actually gave you the best answer.

Account >> Account Settings >> Notifications tab

on your homepage, go to the account tab in the top right hand corner. then click "account settings". there will be a bunch of tabs for different things. one is called "notifications" click on it and you will get a list of things that you get notified for. if you want you can leave some so that you still get notifications for certain things but other wise just uncheck everything. dont worry this only disables the email notifications. you will still get all your notifications within facebook itself.

You can change the setting in Notifications tab under Privacy settings.