Twitist Forums
Do you want all your friends as contacts in facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Do you want all your friends as contacts in facebook? (/thread-37075.html)

Do you want all your friends as contacts in facebook? - Warren D - 11-09-2012 08:44 PM

I don't. I know a lot of people, including relatives, that I would rather interface with in person than online. I have quite a few friends on facebook who are people I don't see that often or have regular contact with and I am glad to have facebook to keep up with these.

I also limit how much I say about myself and my family on social networking sites.

Are my views unusual? Do you share them? Is your life an open (face)book?

What say you?

- screechingdust954 - 11-09-2012 08:52 PM

I actually FOUND my family through Facebook and NOW I am actually with them; we still say some thiongs online rather than in person!

- Richard F - 11-09-2012 08:52 PM

My brother's wife left him 18 years ago with their six month old son. Years of searching and PI's and lawyers and it yielded nothing. We gave up.

A couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, my brother found her brother on Facebook. Sent him a message and BAM, he found his son. They were talking on the phone the next day!! A huge miracle. My brother's ex-wife told the boy his daddy was dead, no use searching for him.

They spent Thanksgiving and Christmas together for the first time ever a couple weeks ago. I tear up thinking about it.

That Said, I too, don't like Facebook. I reluctantly signed up. It IS a great way to keep in touch. It will be interesting to see the long term ramifications of the "non personal" method of keeping in touch.

Peace

- jaankar - 11-09-2012 08:52 PM

Need not be open to all. But if a relative adds you. What do you do but accept Sad