This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you want all your friends as contacts in facebook?
11-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Do you want all your friends as contacts in facebook?
I don't. I know a lot of people, including relatives, that I would rather interface with in person than online. I have quite a few friends on facebook who are people I don't see that often or have regular contact with and I am glad to have facebook to keep up with these.

I also limit how much I say about myself and my family on social networking sites.

Are my views unusual? Do you share them? Is your life an open (face)book?

What say you?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:52 PM

I actually FOUND my family through Facebook and NOW I am actually with them; we still say some thiongs online rather than in person!

Ads

My brother's wife left him 18 years ago with their six month old son. Years of searching and PI's and lawyers and it yielded nothing. We gave up.

A couple of weeks before Thanksgiving, my brother found her brother on Facebook. Sent him a message and BAM, he found his son. They were talking on the phone the next day!! A huge miracle. My brother's ex-wife told the boy his daddy was dead, no use searching for him.

They spent Thanksgiving and Christmas together for the first time ever a couple weeks ago. I tear up thinking about it.

That Said, I too, don't like Facebook. I reluctantly signed up. It IS a great way to keep in touch. It will be interesting to see the long term ramifications of the "non personal" method of keeping in touch.

Peace

Need not be open to all. But if a relative adds you. What do you do but accept Sad