Twitist Forums
What should I do- I broke my lenten promise? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: What should I do- I broke my lenten promise? (/thread-37150.html)

Pages: 1 2

What should I do- I broke my lenten promise? - me, my self and I - 11-09-2012 08:47 PM

I broke my lent promise twice. I am committed and I gave up facebook but it is really hard. Now I feel like I have let myself down and god down. What should I do?

- Nobody - 11-09-2012 08:55 PM

cry yourself to sleep, cause God really cares if you go on facebook or not. you and your facebook is his #1 priority. He lets starving children in Africa die because he is too busy watching over your facebook.

- Dreamstuff Entity - 11-09-2012 08:55 PM

Sorry, no God for you until lent next year.

- Emmy [Redux] - 11-09-2012 08:55 PM

I'm sure he's more worried about you going on facebook than global genocide and millions of starving children, so I'd go ahead and get some flagellation in.

- Chi girl - 11-09-2012 08:55 PM

So you slipped up. We are all less than perfect. Just get up and go on with what you promised.

- Kris - 11-09-2012 08:55 PM

Lent is not in the bible so you did nothing wrong. Smile

Faith alone in Jesus alone = salvation Smile

To be saved all you have to do is believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, and accept him into your life. All saved believers are still sinners but when you believe and accept you are forgiven and allowed into the kingdom of God.

Being good, and works do not save, only Jesus saves.

Ephesians 2:8-10
John 3:16
Romans 4:2-5

Here is a link that helped me with my salvation, hope this helps you as much as this helped me. Smile

http://www.faithalone.org/Sure/Default.htm

- Dennis the Menace - 11-09-2012 08:55 PM

You now must sacrifice yourself on the altar. Cthulhu will be pleased.

- Lady of the Lake - 11-09-2012 08:55 PM

Pack for warm weather cuz you're goin' to hell!

- Jesus Savior - 11-09-2012 08:55 PM

Confess your sins to God, truly sorry for offending His love for you, and ask His forgiveness. He will! Turn from your sins and turn *to* God, proving your repentance is real, in faith trusting Jesus took the punishment on a cross your sins deserved. He delights in forgiving all who ask, as often as they ask, even empowering you with His Holy Spirit to do what He commands. Otherwise, if you lose eternal life, it will have been by your own choosing. He made the way for your sins to be forgiven. You were created in love to respond to the Father's love for you!

- Games44112 - 11-09-2012 08:55 PM

Your lenten sacrifice is facebook. And you couldnt stay away.
I'm confused, because you still had twitter and texting, so you cant really be serious.

Are you?

Woooooo