This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I do- I broke my lenten promise?
11-09-2012, 08:47 PM
What should I do- I broke my lenten promise?
I broke my lent promise twice. I am committed and I gave up facebook but it is really hard. Now I feel like I have let myself down and god down. What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:55 PM

cry yourself to sleep, cause God really cares if you go on facebook or not. you and your facebook is his #1 priority. He lets starving children in Africa die because he is too busy watching over your facebook.

Ads

Sorry, no God for you until lent next year.

I'm sure he's more worried about you going on facebook than global genocide and millions of starving children, so I'd go ahead and get some flagellation in.

So you slipped up. We are all less than perfect. Just get up and go on with what you promised.

Lent is not in the bible so you did nothing wrong. Smile

Faith alone in Jesus alone = salvation Smile

To be saved all you have to do is believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, and accept him into your life. All saved believers are still sinners but when you believe and accept you are forgiven and allowed into the kingdom of God.

Being good, and works do not save, only Jesus saves.

Ephesians 2:8-10
John 3:16
Romans 4:2-5

Here is a link that helped me with my salvation, hope this helps you as much as this helped me. Smile

http://www.faithalone.org/Sure/Default.htm

You now must sacrifice yourself on the altar. Cthulhu will be pleased.

Pack for warm weather cuz you're goin' to hell!

Confess your sins to God, truly sorry for offending His love for you, and ask His forgiveness. He will! Turn from your sins and turn *to* God, proving your repentance is real, in faith trusting Jesus took the punishment on a cross your sins deserved. He delights in forgiving all who ask, as often as they ask, even empowering you with His Holy Spirit to do what He commands. Otherwise, if you lose eternal life, it will have been by your own choosing. He made the way for your sins to be forgiven. You were created in love to respond to the Father's love for you!

Here's some basic logic that should make you feel better:

If god is all-knowing, he already knew you were going to break your promise twice so you couldn't possibly have let him down or disappointed him. Also, if god knows your heart then he already knows you're sorry and so you don't have to apologize.

Now if you can see any flaw in that chain of logic, let me know.