Twitist Forums
Is there anyone here who has developed a successful social network? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter abbreviations (/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Is there anyone here who has developed a successful social network? (/thread-37267.html)

Is there anyone here who has developed a successful social network? - immensecake369 - 11-09-2012 08:52 PM

By "successful", I mean a site that has at least 5000 members and more than 20,000 visits a month...
URLs, please...
(No, I don't mean Facebook, Twitter or the like...)
I meant: developed a social network that HAS 5000+ members and 20,000+ visits a month, but don't give me "Facebook", "Twitter" etc as examples! (we KNOW these are "successful"!)

- Samuel - 11-09-2012 09:00 PM

I'm confused. You said successful social network and then dismissed two of the most successful networks ever created. I think you should clarify your question.

- brisray - 11-09-2012 09:00 PM

Samuel - Just JR doesn't mean that. Lots of people ask if they were to produce a social media site what features would they like to see that Facebook et al do not offer - as if they were going to incorporate the features in their own. There are also plenty of other people who say they are going to make a social media site. Just J.R. is asking if anyone has yet made a successful one.

I haven't. I write sites that maybe get 1/2 million visitors a month each, but they are not social media sites, so they don't count.

- J.L. - 11-09-2012 09:00 PM

If Mark Zuckerberg was on Yahoo Answers, he can still give you Facebook as an answer. lol

I'm currently learning how to make a website. Hopefully I can learn to make a social network website.

Hope that helps.
=D