Twitist Forums
Why do teens post about drinking on facebook when their mother can read it? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Why do teens post about drinking on facebook when their mother can read it? (/thread-37609.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why do teens post about drinking on facebook when their mother can read it? - Jberg - 11-09-2012 09:04 PM

Can someone shed some light on this situation? I get that teens like to have a good time and talk about having had a good time, but why on earth would you post about it when you know damn well that your parents can read it? Of course, all she had to say is that her post was a joke and her mom bought it...

- Josie - 11-09-2012 09:12 PM

Because they don't care what their parents say, they think they will buy anything they say.

- Tinkerbell_13 - 11-09-2012 09:12 PM

because they dont think about that kind of stuff when they post it. and who would really want their parents on their facebook??

- Linds - 11-09-2012 09:12 PM

Simple they're immature and there for do things they shouldn't be doing and they're dumb enough to go about posting it on the internet pictures and all for the whole world to see. Who needs a breatherlizer when teens post pictures of their underage drinking, that's more then enoug evidence right there for the cops to issue them a MIP and for their parents to ground them.

- Caleb - 11-09-2012 09:12 PM

It's exactly why I didn't add my mom as a friend. kinda harsh I know, but it's the reason teens have a facebook to have conversations with their friends. It's stupid you don't have conversations, if you know if your parents are going to see it or hear it. Then you don't do in front of your parents. Why though b/c they probably don't unfriend thier parents.

- Jade - 11-09-2012 09:12 PM

Because it's obvious their parents don't care enough to do anything about it. They know they can get away with it, so they do it, simple as that. A lot of parents have the mentality that they can't do anything about it, but they aren't trying, so how would they know?!

- Insanechicken997 - 11-09-2012 09:12 PM

Because they aren't very smart....or their parents just don't give a damn. Like you said her mother believed the worst lie in the book. That's almost like my brother sneaking out every night no matter how many times he's been caught, knowing they are going to wake up and check his bedroom. He knows it will all blow over in a couple days....

- cinnea - 11-09-2012 09:12 PM

There are a couple of possible reasons - maybe the teen really doesn't care who knows. Maybe the teen is crying out for some attention and boundaries set by mom (which obviously isn't going to happen). Maybe the teen is joking or exaggerating to present a false front to other people, knowing that Mom will believe she's joking. There are lots of possible motivations. The parents should be monitoring their child on Facebook, asking questions about concerning status updates or comments, and taking action if needed.

- victoriousbat671 - 11-09-2012 09:12 PM

Cause she knows she can say its a joke and her parents dont care....a teen with an attentive parent would think twice b4 posting such stupidity.....If she can get trashed in the first place somethings lacking on the parents behalf.

- kamrynsmom - 11-09-2012 09:12 PM

Teenagers are unable to always weigh out the consequences of their actions ... that's why they usually tell on themselves if patents are patient enough...lol