This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do teens post about drinking on facebook when their mother can read it?
11-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Why do teens post about drinking on facebook when their mother can read it?
Can someone shed some light on this situation? I get that teens like to have a good time and talk about having had a good time, but why on earth would you post about it when you know damn well that your parents can read it? Of course, all she had to say is that her post was a joke and her mom bought it...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:12 PM

Because they don't care what their parents say, they think they will buy anything they say.

Ads

because they dont think about that kind of stuff when they post it. and who would really want their parents on their facebook??

Simple they're immature and there for do things they shouldn't be doing and they're dumb enough to go about posting it on the internet pictures and all for the whole world to see. Who needs a breatherlizer when teens post pictures of their underage drinking, that's more then enoug evidence right there for the cops to issue them a MIP and for their parents to ground them.

It's exactly why I didn't add my mom as a friend. kinda harsh I know, but it's the reason teens have a facebook to have conversations with their friends. It's stupid you don't have conversations, if you know if your parents are going to see it or hear it. Then you don't do in front of your parents. Why though b/c they probably don't unfriend thier parents.

Because it's obvious their parents don't care enough to do anything about it. They know they can get away with it, so they do it, simple as that. A lot of parents have the mentality that they can't do anything about it, but they aren't trying, so how would they know?!

i dont post things about drinking on facebook, but if i did, i really wouldnt have to worry because my mom doesnt use facebook, so she would never see it. very very few of my friends moms have facebooks and even fewer monitor their content.

It's not just teens. People in general seem to forget that social networking sites are NOT PRIVATE.

I had a co-worker post about how much she hated a fellow co-worker knowing that several people from the office (including her supervisor) were her FB friends. Another co-worker was posting record high scores on Farmville during the work day.

It's become a big issue in divorce cases because people say and do the dumbest crap on FB as though they're the only ones in the universe who know about it.

People are stoopid.

Because the ones that post those things and do those things do not have parents that are in control, they have not been involved, they have let their kids rule the roost...their kids are out doing whatever they want, whenever they want. Parents who would actually give a darn and be involved, do anything about it aren't the ones whose kids are doing those things or posting about it.

Some teens are stupid.