Twitist Forums
Now that we live in a more modern society, does anyone still use old-fashion way of communication? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Now that we live in a more modern society, does anyone still use old-fashion way of communication? (/thread-37811.html)

Pages: 1 2

Now that we live in a more modern society, does anyone still use old-fashion way of communication? - Rose - 11-09-2012 09:13 PM

We have facebook, mobiles, twitter and emails (emails are also fading away). Does anyone still use the old-fashion way such as long hours on the telephone, writing letters and a like? When was the last time you wrote to someone using your own penmanship?

BQ: Can you handle a week without your mobile phone?

- urfriendfrlife - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

I still write to my grandfather who lives i delhi.
It was difficult but yes I did survive a week without my cell when it went out of order.

- SCORPIO - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

Yes I still do it the old fashion way and I think it's fun to write a long letter to someone where you can't press the correct button to check your spelling.I actually have to use my own brain.
I do a lot of overseas phone calls,so I use the normal land line.
E-mails are alright,but nothing beats a hand written letter or card.
I actually wrote a letter to my relative yesterday, who still doesn't won't to get a computer and so are some of my other friends.Well everyone is different.☺☺☺

- Soso Akubardia - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

I bought mobile phone when I was 18.
Now, I'm barely using it.
And no, I'm not using old ways of communication.

- Clockworkstoy2009 - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

My grandparents and mom still do hehe. They can't seem to catch up with technology

- Candy - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

Yes of course. My brother has poor eyesight so he uses the telephone for communication. The internet is not his thing.

- Amazinganger769 - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

I WAS STILL IN DIAPERS ,THE LAST TIME I WROTE A LETTER USING MY PENMANSHIP.

- Isabelle - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

I do..sometimes.I always write letters to the mother of my sadly dead friend, just to cheer her up although we practically never met.Also I sent a letter to my relatives in the philippines quite often, esp. if they don't answer some questions on text/sms.One of them actually complained over my long letter and i only answered "honey, i wrote that much because you refuse to answer to a lot of things when texting" ...haha.

Before i went to the philippines this year, I could easily manage to live without my cellphone but now after I finally managed to get in contact with the relative i wanted, it's going to be hard.

- eezy_jex ® - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

I do always send Christmas greetings card to some of my relatives with pictures inside.

A week without mobile phone? Yes, I only used it as an alarm clock.

- Gina - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

I do not use e-cards. For birthdays, Christmas, other occasions, I still send cards the old-fashion way.

I see my friends everyday so really phone chatting is redundant. Yeah the cell phone is just a nice conveneince to have but I can live without it for a week. I don't know however if I'd last without it for a month. LOL