This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Now that we live in a more modern society, does anyone still use old-fashion way of communication?
11-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Now that we live in a more modern society, does anyone still use old-fashion way of communication?
We have facebook, mobiles, twitter and emails (emails are also fading away). Does anyone still use the old-fashion way such as long hours on the telephone, writing letters and a like? When was the last time you wrote to someone using your own penmanship?

BQ: Can you handle a week without your mobile phone?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:21 PM

I still write to my grandfather who lives i delhi.
It was difficult but yes I did survive a week without my cell when it went out of order.

Ads

Yes I still do it the old fashion way and I think it's fun to write a long letter to someone where you can't press the correct button to check your spelling.I actually have to use my own brain.
I do a lot of overseas phone calls,so I use the normal land line.
E-mails are alright,but nothing beats a hand written letter or card.
I actually wrote a letter to my relative yesterday, who still doesn't won't to get a computer and so are some of my other friends.Well everyone is different.☺☺☺

I bought mobile phone when I was 18.
Now, I'm barely using it.
And no, I'm not using old ways of communication.

My grandparents and mom still do hehe. They can't seem to catch up with technology

Yes of course. My brother has poor eyesight so he uses the telephone for communication. The internet is not his thing.

I do..sometimes.I always write letters to the mother of my sadly dead friend, just to cheer her up although we practically never met.Also I sent a letter to my relatives in the philippines quite often, esp. if they don't answer some questions on text/sms.One of them actually complained over my long letter and i only answered "honey, i wrote that much because you refuse to answer to a lot of things when texting" ...haha.

Before i went to the philippines this year, I could easily manage to live without my cellphone but now after I finally managed to get in contact with the relative i wanted, it's going to be hard.

I do always send Christmas greetings card to some of my relatives with pictures inside.

A week without mobile phone? Yes, I only used it as an alarm clock.

I do not use e-cards. For birthdays, Christmas, other occasions, I still send cards the old-fashion way.

I see my friends everyday so really phone chatting is redundant. Yeah the cell phone is just a nice conveneince to have but I can live without it for a week. I don't know however if I'd last without it for a month. LOL

I still do. I send cards the old-fashioned way and some letters through snail mail. I love writing letters with my penmanship added with my very own personal touches. Oh yes, I still do the old-fashioned way of spraying the letter with my perfume before sealing it. You cannot do it through the net =(. The last time I did that was last month when I sent a friend a birthday card. And yes, I can live without a phone for a week even a month but not without my laptop.