Twitist Forums
How can I keep someone from stalking my facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How can I keep someone from stalking my facebook? (/thread-37814.html)

Pages: 1 2

How can I keep someone from stalking my facebook? - Kelly Parker - 11-09-2012 09:13 PM

My ex boyfriend has been stalking my facebook...apparently he's been using some kind of URL to see my facebook even after I had blocked him on the site. How can I prevent him from seeing my facebook if he uses this URL?

- Dave87gn - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

make everything private

- Maria - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

You can umm put your page to only friends

- Sue - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

That's possible? I've never heard of such a thing. Make sure your privacy settings are set to "friends only" too. Maybe you should make a whole new facebook and delete your current one if you're that concerned.

- Adam - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

Go to your privacy settings and change it too private viewing so that only friends can see it. If your still friends with someone that he is friends with as well though, he will still be able to see it, only if he is using their facebook though.

- Daniel - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

Other than blocking specific profiles through the privacy feature, there's not really anything else you can do...

Make sure you have ALL of your privacy settings set to "friends only"... and make sure you know all of your friends... that's about it!

- Caden - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

Facebook has a privacy policy that specifically states that "blocking" a person is the only way one wont be able to see your profile. Once you have blocked him and unfriend him, he should not be able to see your profile anymore. If you think that he still is, Confront him about it. Tell him that you don't want him looking through your profile. Most likely he's just pulling your leg. Because, once you block him .Facebook guarantees that he will not be able to have any social contact with you.

- SPYDERBLADE - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

File a complaint with Facebook, and the FBI. Stalking is illegal almost everywhere, and the nature of Facebook means state lines are crossed making it a FBI matter.

- NONAME - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

*sigh* Another reason to hate facebook. Delete your facebook account. Wait awhile (like a month or so) before creating a new account. Make sure you use a different email and maybe a different name and an unidentifiable profile picture. Make sure he's blocked before you add any friends. And be more careful about friends in case he asks them. If that doesn't work, you can just get rid of facebook entirely and file a report with the cops. But you can file a report with the cops now. Nobody should ever have to deal with stupid stalkers.

- abraXus - 11-09-2012 09:21 PM

he's probably just using a fake profile to view your profile... or one of your mutual friends is telling him what you are posting