Twitist Forums
Can I get in trouble for insulting the queen of england on facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Can I get in trouble for insulting the queen of england on facebook? (/thread-38284.html)

Can I get in trouble for insulting the queen of england on facebook? - J J - 11-09-2012 09:35 PM

I saw another yahoo answers about if you can insult the queen of england in public(legally) , and the answer was no, but can I insult her on facebook? (I am an American citizen), and I posted "I feel sorry for all the british citizens that have to pay taxes to a queen that does absolutly nothing, but sit and act important"

- AyHy - 11-09-2012 09:43 PM

If you're an American citizen, you're not subject to the laws of England, and it's your Constitutionally protected right to insist that the queen is a dirty whore who had sex with her mother in an outhouse.

(Yes, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that it's legal to say that a public figure had sex with his or her own mother in an outhouse. It's not libel even though it's untrue, because it's obviously not meant as literal truth).

- Jay - 11-09-2012 09:43 PM

As an American citizen, you can say whatever you please about the Queen (mostly).

- Eric - 11-09-2012 09:43 PM

You can legally say whatever you want about her, just remember though in some countries (UK, Canada, Aussieland, etc.) Them are are fighting words.