Twitist Forums
My father posted my photos on Facebook without my permission. Am I overreacting? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: My father posted my photos on Facebook without my permission. Am I overreacting? (/thread-38311.html)

Pages: 1 2

My father posted my photos on Facebook without my permission. Am I overreacting? - n a t u r e - 11-09-2012 09:36 PM

My father posted photos of myself on his Facebook page without my permission. I clearly told him that I don't feel comfortable with my photos being posted on the Internet, even if they are only viewed by his so-called "friends".

He said, "I'm your father, so it doesn't matter if you don't want the pictures on my Facebook."

I am very upset with him. Am I overreacting?
I already told him countless times to delete them, but he would refuse. Even if he says that he did delete the photos, he would probably be lying.

- notlikewonder - 11-09-2012 09:45 PM

No. That's rude.

- Lindsey - 11-09-2012 09:45 PM

I would think you are.

- mcknight12 - 11-09-2012 09:45 PM

if you are naked...thats horrible if not just tell him to delete them

- Seth Squillace - 11-09-2012 09:45 PM

his response was rude. and in your consideration i think if you dont want your photos on there thats understandable.

- Suzanne - 11-09-2012 09:45 PM

no you are not. it does not matter who the person is, if you feel as if they are violating your privacy that is an issue. tell your mom (or other trusted person) and have them talk to him. you are his child, not his property, which means that he cannot violate your privacy or ignore it if you specifically requested him to not expose your self to the world wide web. this is not acceptable, and you are in no way shape or form overreacting to this.

- V♥V - 11-09-2012 09:45 PM

no you have a right to be upset I understand. but its okay his friends probably wont say much or anything at all about the pictures and as long as you are not tagged you shouldnt have to worry about your friends seeing it. evern if they are friends with him then im sure they wont make fun of you for the pictures. its just pictures. Smile

- mochi (: - 11-09-2012 09:45 PM

My mother does the same thing! Don't worry about it, like you said most of his friends will see it, no one else, so it doesn't really matter. As long as the photo's are appropriate it's fine. But if it still bothers you even though it's "just his friends" viewing the pictures, tell him it really bothers you and hopefully he'll see how upset you are, and take it down.

- Trojan - 11-09-2012 09:45 PM

70% of my MySpace friends (Ifemale) post pictures of their kids. What is wrong with you?

- Derek Gourlay - 11-09-2012 09:45 PM

Better than a stranger posting pictures of you. Were you in public when the pictures were taken? If so then you should have no reasonable expectation of privacy.