This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My father posted my photos on Facebook without my permission. Am I overreacting?
11-09-2012, 09:36 PM
My father posted my photos on Facebook without my permission. Am I overreacting?
My father posted photos of myself on his Facebook page without my permission. I clearly told him that I don't feel comfortable with my photos being posted on the Internet, even if they are only viewed by his so-called "friends".

He said, "I'm your father, so it doesn't matter if you don't want the pictures on my Facebook."

I am very upset with him. Am I overreacting?
I already told him countless times to delete them, but he would refuse. Even if he says that he did delete the photos, he would probably be lying.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:45 PM

No. That's rude.

Ads

I would think you are.

if you are naked...thats horrible if not just tell him to delete them

his response was rude. and in your consideration i think if you dont want your photos on there thats understandable.

no you are not. it does not matter who the person is, if you feel as if they are violating your privacy that is an issue. tell your mom (or other trusted person) and have them talk to him. you are his child, not his property, which means that he cannot violate your privacy or ignore it if you specifically requested him to not expose your self to the world wide web. this is not acceptable, and you are in no way shape or form overreacting to this.

no you have a right to be upset I understand. but its okay his friends probably wont say much or anything at all about the pictures and as long as you are not tagged you shouldnt have to worry about your friends seeing it. evern if they are friends with him then im sure they wont make fun of you for the pictures. its just pictures. Smile

70% of my MySpace friends (Ifemale) post pictures of their kids. What is wrong with you?

From the part of the world I live in, it is suable if one posts another person's videos/pictures on the Net without the 'another person's' permission. So if it's possible, you might threaten to sue him. I know his your father, but if he ignores your request, I suggest you sue him (if it's possible in where you live).

You are not over-reacting at all;he should respect you and your wishes,a person can't always know who their friends are showing your pictures too;this could put you in danger of being stalked or many other weird things;you should tell him(he should give you the same respect)you give him;let him know you feel unsafe and exposed by his actions,if he still refuses to understand how much this upsets you and violates your privacy,you may have to tell your Mom,if she doesn't know he's doing that, hopefully she can convince him to delete them because of the potential harm they could cause you but to at least respect how you feel about it;everyone has a right to their privacy;maybe he hasn't thought about the repercussions from doing that and who all is seeing your pictures;after you tell him that maybe he will realize his mistake and apologize to you and delete them.