Twitist Forums
should i add my relatives on facebook? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: should i add my relatives on facebook? (/thread-38615.html)

should i add my relatives on facebook? - the optimistic pessimist. - 11-09-2012 09:52 PM

but most are strict.. as in no swearing...
should i add them because they are family? and like limit my profile from them?

- bcclittlewill - 11-09-2012 10:00 PM

if you add them you will find that you won't be able to post alot of things you would have posted otherwise.

- bcclittlewill - 11-09-2012 10:00 PM

I am a grandmother of 7. I have all kind of nieces and nephews, sons and daughters on my facebook.
Here's the deal. I am not going to give a judgement call on somebody who has let me on as their "friend". I don't think anyone should have to change anything for me.
How would I ever get to know them if they always had to watch their language, pictures, remarks, etc. around me? That wouldn't be a friend. I am strict too. (on myself) But that is no reason to control the thoughts and actions of anyone who chooses to be in contact with me. If anyone has anything to say about you're actions on there, tell them, "I am younger than you!"
"Maybe when I am older, I will think differently, but for now, please just accept me as I am, just as I politely accept you for who you are."
Good luck to you, it really is a great place to keep contact with your relatives if they care to play by the rules. :-P

- teenyjar689 - 11-09-2012 10:00 PM

DONT DO IT! i added my mom.. worst idea ever!