Twitist Forums
If you adopted a child who had a brother who was adopted into a different family would you let them meet? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: If you adopted a child who had a brother who was adopted into a different family would you let them meet? (/thread-40153.html)

Pages: 1 2

If you adopted a child who had a brother who was adopted into a different family would you let them meet? - Daniel - 11-10-2012 12:08 AM

I have a brother that I havnt seen since I was three. He was adopted into a different family. I tried contacting him when we were both younger. The people that adopted him said that if I ever tried to contact him again, they would file a restraining order against me. Thanks to the wonders of facebook I have found him after 18 years of seperation. I am afraid of contacting him but I desperately want to. I am still afraid that his adoptive parents will try to stop me, should I add him as a friend and tell him our story?

- Slick Wit It - 11-10-2012 12:16 AM

yea go for it man, and amazingly you will have more in common with each other then you would believe.

- socal.gold - 11-10-2012 12:16 AM

Family is family. Blood is thicker than water. Don't allow anyone to come between you and your brother.

- Hashem - 11-10-2012 12:16 AM

Just wait untill your older and you have your own home then contact him.

- *Kylie* - 11-10-2012 12:16 AM

I would definitely want to know, after all it is your brother! And if you're 18 now, there's nothing his parents can do about you contacting him anyways. I say go for it! It'd be fun to catch up with him. Good luck

- lax<3 - 11-10-2012 12:16 AM

Add him as a friend and let HIM decide if he wants a relationship with you.

But do so with caution, because maybe they were trying to hide him from you because he doesn't know he was adopted.

- Veronica Alicia - 11-10-2012 12:16 AM

That can't be the UK, can it?
Children here are usually encouraged to stay in contact with siblings and adoptive parents understand this.
I think you should make him a "friend" - you are both adults after all.

- Ich Tudirweh - 11-10-2012 12:16 AM

go for it , they cant stop you plus your brother is an adult , it has nothing to do with them

- Hey Arnold! - 11-10-2012 12:16 AM

Your brother is at least 18 years old now. His parents cannot file a restraining order on his behalf anymore. If you want to try again to contact him, go ahead and give it a try.

- Altitude143 - 11-10-2012 12:16 AM

Go for it. There is nothing to lose. If later he doesn't want to reconnect with you, it's his loss not yours.