This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If you adopted a child who had a brother who was adopted into a different family would you let them meet?
11-10-2012, 12:08 AM
If you adopted a child who had a brother who was adopted into a different family would you let them meet?
I have a brother that I havnt seen since I was three. He was adopted into a different family. I tried contacting him when we were both younger. The people that adopted him said that if I ever tried to contact him again, they would file a restraining order against me. Thanks to the wonders of facebook I have found him after 18 years of seperation. I am afraid of contacting him but I desperately want to. I am still afraid that his adoptive parents will try to stop me, should I add him as a friend and tell him our story?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:16 AM

yea go for it man, and amazingly you will have more in common with each other then you would believe.

Ads

Family is family. Blood is thicker than water. Don't allow anyone to come between you and your brother.

Just wait untill your older and you have your own home then contact him.

I would definitely want to know, after all it is your brother! And if you're 18 now, there's nothing his parents can do about you contacting him anyways. I say go for it! It'd be fun to catch up with him. Good luck

That can't be the UK, can it?
Children here are usually encouraged to stay in contact with siblings and adoptive parents understand this.
I think you should make him a "friend" - you are both adults after all.

Your brother is at least 18 years old now. His parents cannot file a restraining order on his behalf anymore. If you want to try again to contact him, go ahead and give it a try.

I would contact him if I were you...you seem to really want to. And the decision should be up to him to meet you, not his parents.

Go for it Daniel. What an awful thing for the adoptive parents to do. I mean WHY?

I would let them meet, they are family and should know each other.If your brother is over 18 then he is an adult and his family can't control him. Contact him and meet him asap!