Twitist Forums
Why are insurer's able to reject people because of pre existing conditions? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Why are insurer's able to reject people because of pre existing conditions? (/thread-40412.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why are insurer's able to reject people because of pre existing conditions? - MyCommentsPi55PPL off - 11-10-2012 12:30 AM

my dad has been rejected because of his condition.
t
heres a man on my moms facebook who used to work under blue cross and blue shield and repeatedly posts lists of people that were rejected

my parents both work over forty hours a week.

i work near forty and am in college but i do not think i am elligable for medicaid and i cannot afford anything near a serios medical ailment.

- Boss H - 11-10-2012 12:39 AM

Its called lax regulation and little competition.

- faintearthquake386 - 11-10-2012 12:39 AM

if you owned an auto insurance agency and someone wrecked their car and THEN came to you for insurance to fix it, would you? Only a liberal idiot kool aid drinker would answer yes.

- Illek - 11-10-2012 12:39 AM

My father-in-law works over 40/week.

My mother-in-law works 40/week.

My mother-in-law has a disease insurance companies won't cover.
The advice from others is that people who want government aid for healthcare "need to get a job."

So...I can't tell you. Apparently if they can't get healthcare they must be lazy and stupid...

I can't figure it out either.

- hollowdog859 - 11-10-2012 12:39 AM

To keep insurance rates low for those of us without pre-existing conditions.

- Senor Magoo - 11-10-2012 12:39 AM

Because otherwise people would wait to buy health insurance until they were already sick.

- tinyfriction541 - 11-10-2012 12:39 AM

Most colleges offer health insurance to their students for a fee. Look into it. It's really not that terribly expensive for a single person. You can probably get coverage for as little as $100. per month (for major medical) Depends on the state you live in.

Regarding your dad.....Most all states have risk pools. I am in one myself, but they are expensive. This is one reason we need reform. If a person brought on that condition by their own behavior, they should pay more. If they didn't, then why do they have to pay more? It needs lots of work.

- in vino veritas - 11-10-2012 12:39 AM

Greed.

Pure and simple.

- BabaBright - 11-10-2012 12:39 AM

Why would you insure someone you know is sick and will most likely cost you money? Isn't it obvious?

There needs to be some way to get these people covered.

- :-) - 11-10-2012 12:39 AM

Because they are criminals. They also drop people after they get sick who have been paying premiums for years.