This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are insurer's able to reject people because of pre existing conditions?
11-10-2012, 12:30 AM
Why are insurer's able to reject people because of pre existing conditions?
my dad has been rejected because of his condition.
t
heres a man on my moms facebook who used to work under blue cross and blue shield and repeatedly posts lists of people that were rejected

my parents both work over forty hours a week.

i work near forty and am in college but i do not think i am elligable for medicaid and i cannot afford anything near a serios medical ailment.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 12:39 AM

Its called lax regulation and little competition.

Ads

if you owned an auto insurance agency and someone wrecked their car and THEN came to you for insurance to fix it, would you? Only a liberal idiot kool aid drinker would answer yes.

My father-in-law works over 40/week.

My mother-in-law works 40/week.

My mother-in-law has a disease insurance companies won't cover.
The advice from others is that people who want government aid for healthcare "need to get a job."

So...I can't tell you. Apparently if they can't get healthcare they must be lazy and stupid...

I can't figure it out either.

To keep insurance rates low for those of us without pre-existing conditions.

Because otherwise people would wait to buy health insurance until they were already sick.

Because they are criminals. They also drop people after they get sick who have been paying premiums for years.

Right now they do whatever they want, thanks republicans. But fear not, we will show them the humiliating sodomy of American justice very soon.

Because they are in business ONLY to make a profit, and giving health care to sick people cuts into their bottom line.

They have to continue to pay their CEOs, who average about $11 million dollars per year in salary.

Gee, if there were only some organization that would provide health coverage WITHOUT profit as its goal...let me see...could that be single payer health coverage? Might it be something like Medicare? Or national health care?

Just asking...

Edit: For people talking about auto insurance, note that it is illegal to drive without it, and even people with horrible driving records can get insurance. Granted, it's high, but it's available, either through SR-22 or a special company.

Yup that needs fixing. So does the draconian practice of dropping people when they get sick when the company learns of a mistake on their application (they never drop the profitable ones!)

We can fix those things without a 1200 page bill and a trillion dollars of spending.