Twitist Forums
How do I convince my mother that websites like...? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: General facebook and life forums (/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: How do I convince my mother that websites like...? (/thread-40751.html)

How do I convince my mother that websites like...? - Herp Derpington - 11-10-2012 12:59 AM

Facebook, YouTube, Memebase, TrollScience, Inglips, MySpace and other sites like those don't give you viruses? She is convinced that YouTube is the most severe and dangerous one.

- smgray99 - 11-10-2012 01:07 AM

You can't, especially since she is correct as you can get a virus from those sites. The best you can do is keep you anti-virus up to date, scan for malware and never ever open a link, always go directly to a site.

- D - 11-10-2012 01:07 AM

Any website can give you viruses or download malware if that's what someone wants to do, and you're not careful. Maybe your mother is paranoid, but she's not wrong.

- ♀RammPatri♀ - 11-10-2012 01:07 AM

Install Kaspersky antivirus and tell your mom that this software will alert you when it's found a virus.
If you visit these sites, surprisingly you won't get any alerts, because there are no viruses on these sites.

- Mike S - 11-10-2012 01:07 AM

Those are all highly traffic social sites...and that's were the hacker's hang out....Facebook is the worst........anytime you get a free membership to a site.....know that there's a possability of getting infected and hacked and each site you join...the chances go much higher.

- Nasos - 11-10-2012 01:07 AM

Another solution is to tell her that these websites are the most popular. If they were giving viruses the whole world would learn this in a split of a second. And of course the FBI would have closed them

- steve_loir - 11-10-2012 01:07 AM

As others have said, any website can get you infected.

How about Sandboxie? It will protect you from all infections.
http://www.sandboxie.com/

Maybe your mother will be convinced by the explanation on their website.