This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I convince my mother that websites like...?
11-10-2012, 12:59 AM
How do I convince my mother that websites like...?
Facebook, YouTube, Memebase, TrollScience, Inglips, MySpace and other sites like those don't give you viruses? She is convinced that YouTube is the most severe and dangerous one.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 01:07 AM

You can't, especially since she is correct as you can get a virus from those sites. The best you can do is keep you anti-virus up to date, scan for malware and never ever open a link, always go directly to a site.

Ads

Any website can give you viruses or download malware if that's what someone wants to do, and you're not careful. Maybe your mother is paranoid, but she's not wrong.

Install Kaspersky antivirus and tell your mom that this software will alert you when it's found a virus.
If you visit these sites, surprisingly you won't get any alerts, because there are no viruses on these sites.

Those are all highly traffic social sites...and that's were the hacker's hang out....Facebook is the worst........anytime you get a free membership to a site.....know that there's a possability of getting infected and hacked and each site you join...the chances go much higher.

Another solution is to tell her that these websites are the most popular. If they were giving viruses the whole world would learn this in a split of a second. And of course the FBI would have closed them

As others have said, any website can get you infected.

How about Sandboxie? It will protect you from all infections.
http://www.sandboxie.com/

Maybe your mother will be convinced by the explanation on their website.