Twitist Forums
People under the age of 20, please? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter Trends (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: People under the age of 20, please? (/thread-41434.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Eleda - 11-13-2012 06:09 AM

I like Nicki Minaj and Kesha because I do. But if I REALLY think about it, I still do. I understand if you don't like today's music and there's nothing wrong with that. But music is just a bunch of sounds. There's no such thing as "real" or "good" music. No one defines their past on what was the hit songs. People look back at what they did, not what Journey or the Beatles did. And if you think the worst thing to do is make horrible music, than you are crazy.

However, I'm wondering what year you were born. People have ALWAYS been obsessed with stuff like how rich and cool and famous their were since the 40's. That's nothing new. Especially obsessing how beautiful and sexy they were. People have always been this shallow. And I don't see how what you ate for breakfast is a bad thing :/.

- Smith - 11-13-2012 06:09 AM

Whats up man I'm 19 and here's my take on these so called musicians these days. They can suck it lol their music is horrible!! All the feeling of writing a song is gone when it comes to the "in" music. Now modern rock has some good bands left but flame is dying out. The best music is from the 50s-through the 70s when they wrote songs that actually meant something real not like the music now days. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, black sabbath, lynyrd skynyrd, Elvis, the Hollies, the temptations...all of them!!. THATS MUSIC!!!!. And frankly I'm embarrassed for those people who love the music of today that's on the radio.

- ☠ Stille ☠ - 11-13-2012 06:09 AM

YES.

I'm a two week old fetus, and I LOVE Bach and Chopin!
Classic Music is kvlt.

Am I original and trendy?

- Ryan - 11-13-2012 06:09 AM

I'm 17 - today's music is excellent in their own right. its comparable to ray charles and elvis and black sabbath pearl jam because this is what most people enjoy listening to in their time. back in the 60s hendrix was hated by most older people but adored by the younger generations time change and so does music. Lil wayne is clever, lyrically talented, musically talented. he loves rock and roll just as much as rap. the musics great. you just have to learn how to appreciate every type and not focus on what "actually sounds good" listen to an emotional rap. its poetry to the beat about escaping from terrible lives look up the game's my life ft lil wayne. great way to describe the raw emotion circulating from todays generation. even kesha is important because shes part of the equation.

- Ginny P - 11-13-2012 06:09 AM

I'm 15. I listen to a huge variety of music. My favorites are probably pop and/or rock. But I still listen to some country, and to some rap, and blues, and metal, and like seriously, everything, even the older songs. I guess if I had to choose, my least favorite would be rap and country simply because I don't always like the beat/music behind the singer. I'm fine with the lyrics.

Music is a way of expressing yourself. Who's to say its "good" or "bad"? Sure, people have different ways of expressing themselves. Who's to judge? Some people prefer to listen to pointless dance songs, that they can just let go and not give a thing about anything and simply dance, or scream to it. It makes them feel better, feel higher, feel awesome. Even if the song is about sex and drugs. But not ALL pop is about sex and drugs. That is a stereotype, in my opinion.
For instance:
Price tag- Jessie Jay
Written in the Stars
I'm not sure if this one counts as Pop, but I know it was really popular for at least a little but:
Pumped up Kicks- Foster the People
If you cared to listen to the actual lyrics to these songs, they have really deep meanings. Price tag would probably be the easiest to figure out. There are a ton of others. And a lot of other pop songs are about love, which older songs expressed to, just in a different way.

Now, some people actually like listening to the slower, sadder songs there are. Because they like how those songs make them feel. I love these songs too, especially when I need a good cry.

And then the heavier beat rock songs, again, make certain people feel a certain way. We still have Linkin Park, and other bands that still make this music.

I disagree about the only thing that matters is how rich you are, and swag and YOLO. I think this generation is something different-- I think we are all about expressing ourselves. I mean, I see kids wearing stuff that was popular back in 90s. I see kids wearing goth. I see gays totaling owning up to it, the girls who put on so much make-up, the hipsters, the cute little animal hats, there are so many different styles out there today. I've never actually said YOLO or SWAG before, but I'm beginning to understand why people do.

Stop being so closed-minded and thinking EVERYONE your age does ONE thing. Cause that is just not true. I know plenty of kids who listen to both pop and older music. I like it all. A lot of kids don't follow the media at all.

- littlehobbies377 - 11-13-2012 06:09 AM

I like artists like Kelly Clarkson, Jessie J and Jojo because I believe their good vocalists. They've all done meaningful songs that touch people and that's what I believe music is. If someone is screaming about dropping their iPhone and calling it a song, and it touches a few peoples hearts and inspires them then I'd call it music. Music should be inspiring that's all I believe it defines. Expressing emotion or a story through instruments or vocals Smile

- Haley - 11-13-2012 06:09 AM

I'm 16 and I like Asking Alexandria, All Time Low, Avenged Sevenfold, Falling In Reverse, Bring Me The Horizon, We Are The In Crowd, Tonight Alive, Hey Monday, Eyes Set To Kill, Black Veil Brides, The Ready Set, Snow White's Poison Bite, Sleeping With Sirens, Blessthefall, Lights, Paramore, Pierce The Veil, Motionless In White, Hands Like Houses, Catching Your Clouds.

I dislike rap strongly, but music that may be terrible to you may be great to someone else. It's all about personal tastes.

- Spardus - 11-13-2012 06:09 AM

Pop music is awful, but what makes it unbearable for me is that 99% of pop artists can't write their own songs. There are literally millions of people more talented than say, Nicki Minaj or Rihanna because they have actual musical knowledge. If someone were to ask Nicki Minaj what a time signature was, she'd be clueless. The people who write the songs (horrible to listen to or not) are talented as they know how to structure songs, not the puppets who sing them and are rich simply because they're basically covering songs and the majority of their fans are none the wiser. There are plenty of people who could sing these songs as well or better than them, but they get pushed away from fame because of looks or whatever. People like Rihanna and Beyonce are not artists, they are entertainers. They are paid to entertain, not to write music, and in my eyes, that keeps them from being musicians.

- Harley - 11-13-2012 06:09 AM

I'm 15 and I HATE Justin Bieber,Nicki minaj,and the rest of the shitty pop or rap....I Will FOREVER love classic rock(Aerosmith,Van Halen,Rolling Stones) and 80's glam metal (Mötley Crüe,Poison,Warrant) my dad raised me with this music and I'm sooo glad he did! If you don't like what I listen to,well if I had d.iick right now this is were I would tell you too SUCK it! (; Follow me on Twitter too *IF* you love my music if not then dont! @harleynicole17 and my name for it is Harley Sixx! (: thanks yall Nd rock on \m/

- ChiChi - 11-13-2012 06:09 AM

im a teen in highschool and i feel the same exact way about music. im not gonna lie but i feel like its mainly what teens like, like they controll music and think these new songs are cool when they are stupid songs. im not gonna say that i hate all of todays music there a couple of songs that i like in the 2010s and the 2000s. but im i mainly listen to old school. i feel like the singers today have no talent and use way too much auto tuned like kesha ,nicki minaj ect. when i rather listen to micheal jackson,mariah carey,celine dion ect but i have to deal with it cause its not gonna change anytime soonSad