Twitist Forums
Is Omar Abdullah correct in questioning the TN Assembly Resolution on Rajiv Gandhi Killers? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter General help (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Is Omar Abdullah correct in questioning the TN Assembly Resolution on Rajiv Gandhi Killers? (/thread-43115.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is Omar Abdullah correct in questioning the TN Assembly Resolution on Rajiv Gandhi Killers? - NANDI - 11-19-2012 02:03 AM

Actually Omar has twitted if the J&K Government bring a resolution to condone the death sentence of Afzal Guru, will the Centre consider it on the lines of TN Government's Resolution on Rajiv Gandhi Killers.

Though the Congress has rejected it as his personal remarks on his Twitter Account, and BJP condenmed it, a controversy has been erupted.

May I know your valuable comments on this ???

- mehtaap56 - 11-19-2012 02:12 AM

Omar is right.
Terrorists can get that resolved in favour of Afzal.

- Flute - 11-19-2012 02:12 AM

The answer depends upon the cumulative outcome of answers to the following issues:

Whether the resolution-

1. is a prayer for extension sympathy towards conspirators,

2. is interference to the due course of law,

3. Was because of the genuine doubt as to justice in keeping people confined to as long a period as the administration chooses to and as to resentment in keeping a mercy petition pending at the pleasure of some one,

4. Is because of the genuine doubt as to hanging being considered a right solution for prevention of a crime

- chuimui - 11-19-2012 02:12 AM

After watching some peoples appeal for the mercy for Rajeev killer ...i pray God what will happen if people will ask mercy for Kasab .

I agree with Omar .

- Dilli - 11-19-2012 02:12 AM

People are prone to react emotionally based on propaganda dished out by various sources in the media, meetings, protests etc! A court goes in detail into the crime and decides in the context of legal parameters. A President / Governors consider Mercy pleas of convicts, based on the recommendation of the Govt which should normally based on the factors other than the Courts have considered, like the contribution of the convicts to society etc, to reduce the severity of sentence from death to life term etc!

But all principles are gone to winds and only political considerations rule everywhere. Jaya is recommending the commutation of death to life term against her conviction as people know from her past comments on the accused. JK CM is also talking politics as he has to manage the powerful radicals in his state!

So it is not easy to judge the ''correctness'' in a totally flawed ambience of polticians addressing the issue in anything but critical considerations!

- crookedholiday966 - 11-19-2012 02:12 AM

One thing I am convinced that Death Penalty should be abolished as it is against Humanity where there is no chance to undo, if the evidences later prove other way.

I agree with the LTTE demand of Separate Tamil Elam as Sinhalese are not treating Tamils as Humans.

When the issue of Rajiv Killing comes, I totally Disagree with such brutal act.

I don’t agree with Congress in many issues, that too after proclamation of Emergency in 1975 by Indra Gandhi, and subsequent Dynasty rule as well as many wrong policies of Congress, but I disagree with Rajiv killing.

Rajiv killing is nothing but a Direct Threat to the Sovereignty of our Nation rather than a killing of a person. Whatever the Indian Penal Code as on date observed, shall be implemented.

Everyone has a supporter including Afal Guru.

In any matter, only the act is to be taken in to consideration, than the person and his origin. If the Indian constitution is amended in such a way to abolish Death Penalty, then it is most welcome.

But till passing such Amendment, when there is a possibility to save a person in a manner, that procedure is applicable for every one including Afzal Guru.

In that context, Omar Abdullah Correct.

Happy Ganesh Chathurthi to All !

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9vPNlqoYUtY/SJh7TJ8SHXI/AAAAAAAAAuA/PE-ankxeRSQ/s400/Dancing+Ganesha.jpg

- Siddharth - 11-19-2012 02:12 AM

I support what Veers த‌மி‌ழ் - has to say !! He is Right - I second that .
Most Indians are trying to be politically Correct & thus they made the wrong Choices .
UPA should have never been Re-elected - now the entire country is paying for the consequences.
First ,they have decriminalised homosexuality - article 377 - something that is offensive to Hinduism.
Afzal Guru , Ajmal Kasab & other Islamic Terrorists actually Supports UPA - because most Islamic terrorists enjoy good life in Indian Prisons.

Some Top UPA / Congress Leaders openly abused Hinduism as a Religion & have openly called all Hindus as Terrorists !! What do you have to say about this ?
Some Top UPA / Congress Leaders have openly questioned the Existence of Rama or Krishna , whether they were just mythological Characters , they also had no qualms in saying abusive things about Hindu Saints like Baba Ramdev..?

Some Top UPA Leaders have even abused Shivaji & Maharana Pratap ,who are considered to be nationalistic Rulers amongst Hindus

Why nobody questions that ?

- panky - 11-19-2012 02:12 AM

Intention behind the action is very important before one decide on such matters...I think..If Intention of afjal guru was to attack Indian values/principals...than omar is 100% wrong....If afjal intention and anger was against corrupt and double standard politicians than he is right.BUT omar intention seems to be to just save his Chair and get unjustified support from a section of people,inthat case he is wrong.

- Jumping Sun - 11-19-2012 02:12 AM

I think he has raised a valid point.

- kR@zY_kool - 11-19-2012 02:12 AM

yes i think he done correct.