This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is Omar Abdullah correct in questioning the TN Assembly Resolution on Rajiv Gandhi Killers?
11-19-2012, 02:03 AM
Is Omar Abdullah correct in questioning the TN Assembly Resolution on Rajiv Gandhi Killers?
Actually Omar has twitted if the J&K Government bring a resolution to condone the death sentence of Afzal Guru, will the Centre consider it on the lines of TN Government's Resolution on Rajiv Gandhi Killers.

Though the Congress has rejected it as his personal remarks on his Twitter Account, and BJP condenmed it, a controversy has been erupted.

May I know your valuable comments on this ???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:12 AM

Omar is right.
Terrorists can get that resolved in favour of Afzal.

Ads

The answer depends upon the cumulative outcome of answers to the following issues:

Whether the resolution-

1. is a prayer for extension sympathy towards conspirators,

2. is interference to the due course of law,

3. Was because of the genuine doubt as to justice in keeping people confined to as long a period as the administration chooses to and as to resentment in keeping a mercy petition pending at the pleasure of some one,

4. Is because of the genuine doubt as to hanging being considered a right solution for prevention of a crime

After watching some peoples appeal for the mercy for Rajeev killer ...i pray God what will happen if people will ask mercy for Kasab .

I agree with Omar .

People are prone to react emotionally based on propaganda dished out by various sources in the media, meetings, protests etc! A court goes in detail into the crime and decides in the context of legal parameters. A President / Governors consider Mercy pleas of convicts, based on the recommendation of the Govt which should normally based on the factors other than the Courts have considered, like the contribution of the convicts to society etc, to reduce the severity of sentence from death to life term etc!

But all principles are gone to winds and only political considerations rule everywhere. Jaya is recommending the commutation of death to life term against her conviction as people know from her past comments on the accused. JK CM is also talking politics as he has to manage the powerful radicals in his state!

So it is not easy to judge the ''correctness'' in a totally flawed ambience of polticians addressing the issue in anything but critical considerations!

One thing I am convinced that Death Penalty should be abolished as it is against Humanity where there is no chance to undo, if the evidences later prove other way.

I agree with the LTTE demand of Separate Tamil Elam as Sinhalese are not treating Tamils as Humans.

When the issue of Rajiv Killing comes, I totally Disagree with such brutal act.

I don’t agree with Congress in many issues, that too after proclamation of Emergency in 1975 by Indra Gandhi, and subsequent Dynasty rule as well as many wrong policies of Congress, but I disagree with Rajiv killing.

Rajiv killing is nothing but a Direct Threat to the Sovereignty of our Nation rather than a killing of a person. Whatever the Indian Penal Code as on date observed, shall be implemented.

Everyone has a supporter including Afal Guru.

In any matter, only the act is to be taken in to consideration, than the person and his origin. If the Indian constitution is amended in such a way to abolish Death Penalty, then it is most welcome.

But till passing such Amendment, when there is a possibility to save a person in a manner, that procedure is applicable for every one including Afzal Guru.

In that context, Omar Abdullah Correct.

Happy Ganesh Chathurthi to All !

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9vPNlqoYUtY/SJ...anesha.jpg

I support what Veers த‌மி‌ழ் - has to say !! He is Right - I second that .
Most Indians are trying to be politically Correct & thus they made the wrong Choices .
UPA should have never been Re-elected - now the entire country is paying for the consequences.
First ,they have decriminalised homosexuality - article 377 - something that is offensive to Hinduism.
Afzal Guru , Ajmal Kasab & other Islamic Terrorists actually Supports UPA - because most Islamic terrorists enjoy good life in Indian Prisons.

Some Top UPA / Congress Leaders openly abused Hinduism as a Religion & have openly called all Hindus as Terrorists !! What do you have to say about this ?
Some Top UPA / Congress Leaders have openly questioned the Existence of Rama or Krishna , whether they were just mythological Characters , they also had no qualms in saying abusive things about Hindu Saints like Baba Ramdev..?

Some Top UPA Leaders have even abused Shivaji & Maharana Pratap ,who are considered to be nationalistic Rulers amongst Hindus

Why nobody questions that ?

I think he has raised a valid point.

We have a written constitution, Law making bodies, Judiciary and execution offices [ administration] separately. . We should abide by law and court. {Some body says "if the law is not suitable it should not be aboded., that is a separate issue]The person shouting for the death penalty has forgotten the acts done by them. {Even they they think their cause is correct, They have got no right to do it ]
If a n act like this done by some people in T.N. As a muslim, Omar rises his voice in such a way. Our Democracy is not felt at all by most. They enjoy the privilege of Democracy but they are not prepared to agree the disciplines of Democracy.

This man ZamZam is full throttle dare-devil when it comes into his arena !
I do not understand after regrets, why Appu switched on to law beyond justice beyond law beyond justice beyond law......They did it in TN for Jaffna, they did it ND for kashmir - that's simple.
Other answers i think i heard on TV from this guy or that.
Most regrettable thing is TN highcourt retracted !
But....man , what a show of unity by tamilians against the UNION of INDIA ! Just forgive one of us, though foreign national, even though he killed your (MIND, NOT OUR) PM.
This is the point they will regret to have missed after 50 years.