Twitist Forums
Do you find it difficult to describe yourself politically in a word or two? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Do you find it difficult to describe yourself politically in a word or two? (/thread-43464.html)

Pages: 1 2

Do you find it difficult to describe yourself politically in a word or two? - Pro Con - 11-19-2012 02:19 AM

I do!

Sometimes I refer to myself as a Republican with libertarian tendencies while at other times I call myself a Classical Liberal.

Classical Liberalism: Belief in Personal Freedoms, Civil Liberties, Limited Government, Free Markets, and the Right of the Individual to the Fruits of His Own Labor.

To further complicate matters, one can be a fiscal conservative and a social liberal, or visa-versa, or moderate in one or both.

How do you define yourself?

- Cthulhu Fhtagn - 11-19-2012 02:27 AM

I would say an Traditional independent.

Like what Bill O'Riely is not to be mistaken for an conservative.

- chillax mayng - 11-19-2012 02:27 AM

a conservative republican

- rufus6june - 11-19-2012 02:27 AM

Conservative Libertarian.

I have an idea called "The Honest Party" my symbol is a Giraffe.

- sonofliberty101 - 11-19-2012 02:27 AM

I could say moderate democrat, or blue dog.

I consider myself a JFK democrat and a Teddy Roosevelt Progressive.

I am not a liberal but not a republican either. I agree with the democrats on most things, but side with the republicans on issues such as gun rights, affirmative action, tax cuts, and to an extent, abortion.

I do not believe in slamming the wealthy with taxes, it should be a lower rate, but I also do not support trickle down.

I believe the stimulous money should be strictly going to education, public works projects for green energy jobs, and tax cuts.

I voted for Obama and generally approve of him, but do think there are a few things he has done wrong.

- Paul B - 11-19-2012 02:27 AM

the right party

- Nanako - 11-19-2012 02:27 AM

Independent. That's all I can say. I think as I wish and could care less whether others like it or not.

- Smilingcannon255 - 11-19-2012 02:27 AM

I think exactly like you do. Classical Liberalism fits I guess.

But I consider myself to be a conservative republican.

- Jen - 11-19-2012 02:27 AM

Independent.

- PrivacyNowPlease! - 11-19-2012 02:27 AM

I am a mixed bag with 16% supportive of the Conservative ideology (gun ownership rights and immigration for example) and Liberal Christian Democrat which to some seems impossible not understanding that a Christian would not support making religious views into laws of the land. I do not worry about out right rejection by Democrats for my mixed views so I am more comfortable about associating with that party. I am not blinded with the propoganda that either party is pure evil. If I were to discribe myself in the fewest words I would say I am a Born Again American and identify with the song by that name on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZSBGHm0RY