This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you find it difficult to describe yourself politically in a word or two?
11-19-2012, 02:19 AM
Do you find it difficult to describe yourself politically in a word or two?
I do!

Sometimes I refer to myself as a Republican with libertarian tendencies while at other times I call myself a Classical Liberal.

Classical Liberalism: Belief in Personal Freedoms, Civil Liberties, Limited Government, Free Markets, and the Right of the Individual to the Fruits of His Own Labor.

To further complicate matters, one can be a fiscal conservative and a social liberal, or visa-versa, or moderate in one or both.

How do you define yourself?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:27 AM

I would say an Traditional independent.

Like what Bill O'Riely is not to be mistaken for an conservative.

Ads

a conservative republican

Conservative Libertarian.

I have an idea called "The Honest Party" my symbol is a Giraffe.

I could say moderate democrat, or blue dog.

I consider myself a JFK democrat and a Teddy Roosevelt Progressive.

I am not a liberal but not a republican either. I agree with the democrats on most things, but side with the republicans on issues such as gun rights, affirmative action, tax cuts, and to an extent, abortion.

I do not believe in slamming the wealthy with taxes, it should be a lower rate, but I also do not support trickle down.

I believe the stimulous money should be strictly going to education, public works projects for green energy jobs, and tax cuts.

I voted for Obama and generally approve of him, but do think there are a few things he has done wrong.

the right party

Independent. That's all I can say. I think as I wish and could care less whether others like it or not.

Independent.

I am a mixed bag with 16% supportive of the Conservative ideology (gun ownership rights and immigration for example) and Liberal Christian Democrat which to some seems impossible not understanding that a Christian would not support making religious views into laws of the land. I do not worry about out right rejection by Democrats for my mixed views so I am more comfortable about associating with that party. I am not blinded with the propoganda that either party is pure evil. If I were to discribe myself in the fewest words I would say I am a Born Again American and identify with the song by that name on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZSBGHm0RY

Independent ; neither liberal or conservative, just right!