Twitist Forums
Why do conservatives treat Reagan as a free-market hero? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Why do conservatives treat Reagan as a free-market hero? (/thread-43846.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why do conservatives treat Reagan as a free-market hero? - angel - 11-19-2012 02:36 AM

Tax revenue was higher when he left office. The social security tax increased. Reagan spent a lot militarily.

He was no different from the rest. they all spend more and tax more.

- Lonesome - 11-19-2012 02:44 AM

Reagan was clueless and happy, hence a great role-model for them.

- Drew - 11-19-2012 02:44 AM

oooohhhhh man. you are going to anger a bunch of idiots here.

- Lancelot - 11-19-2012 02:44 AM

Tax revenue was higher because his trickle-down worked and America was productive again. And I'm all for a strong military.

- bluechristy - 11-19-2012 02:44 AM

Plus the Stock Market crashed during Reagan's second term - Known as Black Monday . His economic trickle down theory did not leave people with much money to spend on goods . Much like what happened with the BUSH administration.

- dlk - 11-19-2012 02:44 AM

Reagan cut taxes...................when the Gov't cuts taxes, they actually bring in more monies as has been proven time and time again throughout history.

- Elitist Snob - 11-19-2012 02:44 AM

We liked him for a variety of reasons...but most importantly because we were prosperous under him. He campaigned the 2nd term asking the country "Are you, better off now than 4 years ago?" and the answer was a resounding YES!

If Obama isn't able to say the same thing, people aren't going to be so happy with his "change".

- purringmice358 - 11-19-2012 02:44 AM

those that have no god need to create one.

- eelfins - 11-19-2012 02:44 AM

You're missing several key points. He actually lowered taxes compared to his entering office. He outspent the Soviet Union in an attempt to break them economically, which suceeded by the way. And by the way, the soviet union had 15 times the firepower to destroy the earth, which we did as well. Reagan made mistakes for sure, but will Democrats ever admit that their own messiahs make mistakes? Me thinks not.

- Mr. Wolf - 11-19-2012 02:44 AM

I have to admit from what I have read that was one area that Ronald Reagan was good in. It was after Reagan during President George H.W. Bush that things started down hill.