This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do conservatives treat Reagan as a free-market hero?
11-19-2012, 02:36 AM
Why do conservatives treat Reagan as a free-market hero?
Tax revenue was higher when he left office. The social security tax increased. Reagan spent a lot militarily.

He was no different from the rest. they all spend more and tax more.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:44 AM

Reagan was clueless and happy, hence a great role-model for them.

Ads

oooohhhhh man. you are going to anger a bunch of idiots here.

Tax revenue was higher because his trickle-down worked and America was productive again. And I'm all for a strong military.

Plus the Stock Market crashed during Reagan's second term - Known as Black Monday . His economic trickle down theory did not leave people with much money to spend on goods . Much like what happened with the BUSH administration.

Reagan cut taxes...................when the Gov't cuts taxes, they actually bring in more monies as has been proven time and time again throughout history.

You're missing several key points. He actually lowered taxes compared to his entering office. He outspent the Soviet Union in an attempt to break them economically, which suceeded by the way. And by the way, the soviet union had 15 times the firepower to destroy the earth, which we did as well. Reagan made mistakes for sure, but will Democrats ever admit that their own messiahs make mistakes? Me thinks not.

I have to admit from what I have read that was one area that Ronald Reagan was good in. It was after Reagan during President George H.W. Bush that things started down hill.

Sure, Reagan cut taxes, then he raised them again, and then he just gave up even trying. He had a huge deficit when he left office, so much for smaller government, his was one of the largest. But hey, luckily he cut all those pesky social programs.

After Carter he looked like Milton Friedman