Twitist Forums
Why don't illegals stay home and make their own countries better instead of polluting the US? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Why don't illegals stay home and make their own countries better instead of polluting the US? (/thread-43896.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Rizzo The Cleaner - 11-19-2012 02:46 AM

Hahaha! We can't even make our _own_ country better. We are one more financial crisis away from a complete meltdown, and there won't be a solvent IMF to bail us out like Greece.

- Sasori - 11-19-2012 02:46 AM

The come here because they can achieve their bigger home, new cars, start a business, buy a ranch faster than if they stayed in their country and worked for it there.

They live off the welfare benefits they receive for their US born children while any money the parents make working is saved for when they return home.
They don't assimilate because they have absolutely no intentions of becoming US citizens.

We are their ATM cards.

- bad_boy_2008 - 11-19-2012 02:46 AM

Its like asking 'why dont the criminals stop doing crimes'. or 'why dont theives stop stealing'. the answer is because they are illegal. most of the illegals are not highly skilled or highly educated. They usually dont earn enough in their own country or have a low standard/qulaity of living. For them living in the west gives them a better earning and quality of life. They would not prefer to give this up just because its illegal. also they know that if they are caught they will be at most sent back. So better be risk and stay and sent back to their country when (if) caught than leaving the country and returning to their home country voluntarily.
and yes, they have a greater chance of doing illegal activities (other than being an illegal) than someone who is legally in the country.
People who are educated or skill generally would live legally in the west or would go back to their country if they cannot, as their quality of life would still be good in their own country even if they earn less than what they earn in the west.

- starbaby1981 - 11-19-2012 02:46 AM

That is a racist stereotype. There are a lot of immigrants who have assimilated and made the USA better. For starters, ever since we cracked down on the U.S.-Mexico border, there have been fewer illegals making it across. As a result, farms have fewer workers to harvest the crops and up to 20% of the crop rots in the fields. Illegal immigrants take the jobs that American citizens don't want. Even though the unemployment rate is over 10% and Americans are whining about how they can't find a job, there are still thousands of open positions at slaughterhouses, farms, and other places that Americans are too good for.

Do you personally know every single illegal immigrant in this country? Then how can you group them all together and say they all do one thing or another? Did you know that it costs several hundred dollars to get a green card or work visa? How is someone supposed to pay that if they only earn ten dollars a day? Instead of blaming illegal immigrants for all of America's problems (which is a politically correct form of racism), why don't you try being a little more empathetic? If you were living in a tin-roof shack in Mexico with no electricity or running water, earning barely enough money to feed your family, do you think you'd try to "make your country better" or would you want to go to a country that has more opportunities? Do you have specific recommendations for how someone on the lowest rung of the societal ladder should go about making their own country better? That's just ignorant and simplistic.

- atom - 11-19-2012 02:46 AM

if they did that, you would not be asking this question.

- Peppermint Patty - 11-19-2012 02:46 AM

a) Because anyone who speaks out for better government where they live is shot or knifed to death, killed in some gruesome manner. The unpleasant truth is that these people need to rise up and overthrow the people who are making their homelands hell for them.

b) As others here have pointed out, the government looking the other way while these people come in is a cheap and easy form of corporate welfare. I blame both parties for this hypocrisy - George Bush was just as bad about letting the pressure off of the aliens at the border as Barack Obama and Janet Napolitano are now. We should NEVER have let up on the vigilance required to stop the flood of illegal immigrants into this country of ours.

c) I completely agree with your assessment. We're supposed to be oh, so politically correct and tolerant of these people and yet they themselves are sexist, racist, violent, and in general the worst neighbors you could imagine. I know that this is a generalization, but living in a heavily illegal-populated neighborhood, I've had to endure insults, vandalism, all sorts of harassment from people who shouldn't even be here. It's time to send them back where they came from.

- positiverealist - 11-19-2012 02:46 AM

I am not going to disagree with you although I can tell you why they don't stay home. They make $3 per day there but the cost of living for them is about $180 per month and they only make $60 or $90 if they work weekends so with 3 of them working they meet the cost of living in one house with no hot water in many areas, some places still don't have electricity. There are still areas without clean drinking water and the sewer system leaves allot to be desired in many places in Mexico and further south. At $3 per day they can barely live never mind make there countries better. Their Gov are very corrupt. Guatemala had 50 canditates murdered in the last election 2007 and they have a 2% murder solve rate because they kill the wittnesses if they talk. Most Americans will never understand this unless they go live in the middle of it for a while. I lived in Guatemala in 83 and 84 and we used a toilet that emptied out over the side of a mountain. Most of them send 200-300 home every month so if they get deported their families back home will also suffer. I figured the cost of living last year in Guatemala, Izabal and to live ok, not in a rich mannsion and not even having a car, but a small motorcycle (most take the bus) I figured with my family and I, we would need $650 to do alright but that would be almost 11 months of wages for them. I interviewed people and wrote down the cost of everything from gas, food, rent, transportation, insurance etc.....Live there and then before you want to raise your kids there ask yourself would you do what is legal and keep them, in that situation or if you could risk a better life would you? All the white Americans I know are good upstanding honest people that never speed, pay an honest tax and never break the law. Right? You asked why and that is my answer. It does not make it right but go live there, not in a resort hotel but in the areas they come from, eat what they eat and do what they do then come back and say, yea I would stay in that country and make it better from within.

- Ali A - 11-19-2012 02:46 AM

Chloe wrote:"Is unfortunate that you can't see past your own selfishness and outside your little bubble, to realize that we as people, should help others live quality lives. We're here once! Perhaps you should investigate and become involved in ensuring that people who come from 3rd world countries have access to all the tools they need to become part of our culture, without losing their own identity.
29 minutes ago "
----------------------
Chloe, the only "selfish" ones I see are illegal aliens and their supporters. The only thing they care about is THEIR well-being. As for the "Third World" ploy, the intent of having foreign students in this country is for them to take their know-how back to their home countries and make them better. Same goes for illegal aliens, particularly the "students" pushing for the Dream Act. Even someone with a high school education could make a heck of a difference in his home country--if they weren't selfishly concerned about trying to hang on here to make life better for themselves. For that matter, Mexico is one of the wealthiest countries in the world and home to one of the world's richest men. Where is MEXICO's concern for making life better for its own citizens? 40% or so of illegal aliens come here on visitor's visas which they overstay. To get a visitor's visa (or student or other non immigrant visa), people from Third World countries typically have to show their intent to return home by listing property, bank accounts, jobs, and family members. In short, they're among the wealthier people of their country. Yet, rather than being concerned about the welfare of their home country, they'd rather come here to try for "more". Furthermore, illegal aliens do not care about the negative impact they have on Americans, in terms of jobs and use of social services. They think that we're a "piggy bank" and that healthcare and education are really "free"--because THEY don't have to pay for it, we do. No, Chloe, as I said before, the selfish ones are illegal aliens.
----------
Starbaby wrote:"For starters, ever since we cracked down on the U.S.-Mexico border, there have been fewer illegals making it across. As a result, farms have fewer workers to harvest the crops and up to 20% of the crop rots in the fields."
No, Starbaby, the only crops rotting in fields are ones doing so because of drought, not because of a lack of someone to pick them. California, for example, has more than enough workers (and if there were a shortage of workers, wages would be rising. They aren't.) Furthermore, farmers don't always WANT to harvest crops for the simple reason that there is sometimes already an OVERSUPPLY of a crop in the market driving prices down and the farmer wouldn't get enough to cover the cost of picking it.

And Wandi, just what "race" is "illegal"? I'd say the "racism" is in YOUR mind.

- Greg N - 11-19-2012 02:46 AM

To answer your first question, illegals don't stay at home because they want to survive or at least have opportunities that are simply unavailable in their country of origin. I believe as you do that their homelands may improve if they stayed there and all rose up to force change, but some of the systemic problems they face would require a considerable amount of effort and violence. Immigrating is easier, and it's human nature to immigrate instead of rising up when given the option.

Your two statements regarding entitlement and assimilation contradict each other in terms of expectations. While they may not be entitled to be here, the reality is they are here, and they aren't going anywhere. I prefer to operate in the realm of reality, not what would be ideal. Those illegal aliens who do not assimilate fail to do so precisely because they are not entitled to be here and feel that much of the native population does not accept them. Would you assimilate into a population that you feel does not accept you and will mock you for attempting to speak English?

Your statement that they do not assimilate leads me to believe you expect them to do so if they are here, yet you infer this immediately after saying they are not entitled to be here. You need to pick one or the other.

Bad habits come from all parts of the world, including the United States. I know a whole lot of US citizens with bad habits. There are some US citizens I wish we could deport! There are some illegal aliens who are wonderful people. I have found, in the case of those who categorically suggest that illegal aliens in general import their bad habits, often have a limited frame of reference--perhaps through anecdotal evidence or a faulty presentation of statistics--and fail to see the many wonderful people we have from other countries. Yes, it is understood they are not entitled to be here. But a lack of entitlement does not preclude them from being good people nevertheless.

- Hoekom Jy My Haat - 11-19-2012 02:46 AM

Illegals are much less likely to become contributory towards our society than are legals.

Look at groups like MS 13. How much do you want to bet that there are more illegal foreign borns than legal foreign borns in the gang.

Immigrants who come here legally (not those who are made legal after coming here illegally) are vetted by our embassies in their country to make sure they are both morally and physically sound before coming here.

That they have to come here illegally means they wouldn't pass the vetting process, thereby showing their undesirability.

There are millions of people, worldwide, waiting for an opportunity to emigrate here, legally. Why should all these nasty illegals be able to jump the queue, displacing those who wish to follow our laws and immigrate here legally.

Why are we rewarding these illegal scum for their illegal actions?