Twitist Forums
Why do we expect the government to administer public safety, but not public health ? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Why do we expect the government to administer public safety, but not public health ? (/thread-44030.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Why do we expect the government to administer public safety, but not public health ? - Mr. Anderson - 11-19-2012 02:43 AM

Police / Fire Departments...and various Federal agencies are tasked with keeping the public safe.

Seems to me we have excellent policy regarding public saftey, but not public health.

- Jack Schitt - 11-19-2012 02:52 AM

weird isn't it

- Waas up - 11-19-2012 02:52 AM

Your question is too common seance for YA, beware.

- john - 11-19-2012 02:52 AM

Because safety is not run by Marxists

- Roboron - 11-19-2012 02:52 AM

Congress has no constitutional authority to give government health care

- Matt W - 11-19-2012 02:52 AM

There is a functioning free market solution to health care. Reform it if you want but, there is no need to lay another 1/5 of our economy at the feet of big government.

I don't really trust the same hacks who run Amtrack, Social Security, the tag office, the DMV, and the Post Office with my health. I've quit smoking, started running more, eaten better, and gotten my tonsils out since this whole debate started. I don't want to depend on government for my health - because I know that I can't.

- doinou - 11-19-2012 02:52 AM

I don't mind paying for protection and services. I do have a problem with unbearable increased taxes and garbage health care, let alone any. I am a senior. There's nothing in it for me.

- Big Bear - 11-19-2012 02:52 AM

Good question. star for you

- Common Sense - 11-19-2012 02:52 AM

Nope, not public health. It is a proven recipe for disaster and corruption, as well as massive cost.

- Angry mobster - 11-19-2012 02:52 AM

Why do you confuse infrastructure with entitlements? Heck i think im entitled to a new flat panel TV and an RV and a lear jet. Why don't i just rob say a few million bucks from all of you so i can have those things i want?