This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do we expect the government to administer public safety, but not public health ?
11-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Why do we expect the government to administer public safety, but not public health ?
Police / Fire Departments...and various Federal agencies are tasked with keeping the public safe.

Seems to me we have excellent policy regarding public saftey, but not public health.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2012, 02:52 AM

weird isn't it

Ads

Because safety is not run by Marxists

Congress has no constitutional authority to give government health care

Good question. star for you

Nope, not public health. It is a proven recipe for disaster and corruption, as well as massive cost.

Why do you confuse infrastructure with entitlements? Heck i think im entitled to a new flat panel TV and an RV and a lear jet. Why don't i just rob say a few million bucks from all of you so i can have those things i want?

there is little or nothing in the present health care insurance bills dealing with public health.

if the government was going to get serious about public health, you'd see bills proposing to saddle the medical care costs attributable to public health matters directly on the industries involved. That's tobacco, alcohol, obesity [excess calories], violence, and illegal drugs.

the government isn't even trying to deal with public health -- they're trying to seize control over the medical care financing system.

Because public health effects a community.. your health effects you.

Public health and public safety are the same thing.

I am not sure why some people are okay with one and not the other, I suppose it is just that public safety has been something which has been funded by government since the inception of government so we just accept it.