Twitist Forums
What do you picture when someone says they are CONSERVATIVE? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: What do you picture when someone says they are CONSERVATIVE? (/thread-45031.html)

Pages: 1 2

What do you picture when someone says they are CONSERVATIVE? - Where Beer - 11-27-2012 06:24 AM

I picture an old man or old woman sitting in a wheelchair with their cane flapping their TV set against the liberal media. Their dentures on the ground from their unlimited whine capacity and crucifixes all over the place. What do you picture when thinking of conservatives?

- Pancakes - 11-27-2012 06:32 AM

Wow... it's so refreshing to see the "tolerant" and "open-minded" liberals here, instead of the typical hateful, intolerant, idiotic liberal trolls that usually pervade yahoo answers.

- irbruse - 11-27-2012 06:32 AM

a guy in a suit

- Stewie Griffin - 11-27-2012 06:32 AM

sputtering, drooling with brain damage.

- f0876and1_2 - 11-27-2012 06:32 AM

most of my family, about half of my friends, and myself sitting around a dinner table made out of money, laughing over racist jokes and the misfortunes of others while we plan how to best screw the poor out of their money.

everything above between "money" and "money" was sarcasm, for those of you who would actually take me seriously

- Joe C - 11-27-2012 06:32 AM

1. That they're a sensible and principled person - the exact oppoiite of a LIBERAL!

2. That they're people who want to conserve the values that made our country great.

3. That they have respect for women, if they're men.

4. That we need more of them in this day and age.

If you're young and a conservative, you might not have a heart; but if you're over 30 years old and a liberal, then for certain you don't have brain.

- Jackie Oh! - 11-27-2012 06:32 AM

Dick Cheney, G. Gordon Liddy, Rush Limbaugh and they all have swastika's on their bald heads.

- KERMIT M - 11-27-2012 06:32 AM

A thirty something mother of 2 driving her Tahoe while using her cellphone with a W sticker on the back and a metallic stickon Fish symbol.

- Massive Mann - 11-27-2012 06:32 AM

I Love This...It's a good description of a Conserative Con

"A DAY IN THE LIFE OF JOE REPUBLICAN"

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee.
The water is clean and good because some liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards.
With his first swallow of water, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to
take because some liberal fought to ensure their safety and that they work as advertised.

All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some
liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too.

He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because
some liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled
with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some liberal fought
for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained.

Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because
some liberal fought for the laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He walks on the government-provided sidewalk to the subway station for his government-subsidized
ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some
liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to
be a contributor.

Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement,
paid holidays and vacation because some liberal union members fought and died for these working
standards. Joe's employer pays these standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees
to call the union.

If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment
check because some liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It is noontime and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is
federally insured by the FSLIC because some liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous
bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below-market federal student loan
because some liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated
and earned more money over his lifetime. Joe also forgets that his in addition to his federally
subsidized student loans, he attended a state funded university.

Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country.
He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some liberal
fought for car safety standards to go along with the tax-payer funded roads.

He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by
Farmers' Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans.

The house didn't have electricity until some liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and
demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father lives on Social Security and a union
pension because some liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps
saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved
Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day.
Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a
self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

- Robert G - 11-27-2012 06:32 AM

I picture someone going to work. Unlike my image of a liberal either a) artsy fartsy I want to live poor and paint pretty pictures all day. Or, B) I do not want to work so mail me my check.