Twitist Forums
What is wrong with kids these days? Why are they trying to grow up so fast? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: What is wrong with kids these days? Why are they trying to grow up so fast? (/thread-45103.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- ailyne - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

I guess maybe they try to be more mature.Its either peer pressure, self-image,self confidence,BLAH!Im twelve and people say that i dont act my age.They say im childish.Well i guess i am.Im just afraid that maybe when i grow up i wont be able to do these things anymore because of work, etc.Im just really bothered that my friends act as if they are 15.Im pity them cause after pretending to be A TEEN at a young age,they will just regret it when they have wrinkles on their face.

Like you , i just like ride my bike,play basketball(seriously,girls say that i shouldnt play outside cause ill just get darker).Children like my friends pretend to be older.They try to grow up so fast.What they dont know is that time can never be changed and when the time comes they will just regret it.So yeah,I agree with you.

- KAITLYN W - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

Well, they see the world a little differently than we do. They see it as a scary place. Looking around they see people with wrinkles, people who are overweight, they see the blind, the deaf, the mute, and the not so pretty people.

They fear to be like that. I'm your age, and I still remember doing stuff like that. Now, all I hear out of my younger brothers mouth is *****
********************************************************************************​************************
Then again, all of his friends are doing it to. It is absolutley ridiculous.

Kids need to stop growing up so fast and try to live the life all kids should live. They need to ride their bikes, and go down to the creek to catch fish. Even just go and pretend that they are great hunters. (Idk)

Media has a huge effect on it, because all they tell kids to do is grow up. No matter how much we try, they are going to listen to the media more than they are us.

- Akoua-san - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

It's the media that influences kids this way. I'm 14, but I dislike the current state the media is in.

- Kissable Lips - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

The media, Hollywood, music videos, movies. Really, it's those things and also their friends to can be a bad influence.
I know i wasn't worried about that at 13 years old, i was playing outside!! Now a days it's real different!!!

- atsivlove - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

THANK YOU. i am only 18, im still young but your right. Kids these days need to just have fun and be kids cause when its time to enter the real world....your gonna wish to acting like a kid when you had the chances. O and girls your beautiful the way you are DONT WORRY SO MUCH Smile

- *-Sweetie-* - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

Its partly the media's fault. Older siblings, cousins, and parents.
No offence to anyone. I am 15 myself, people say i act and look older than i am. Well, i don't try, it's how i was brought up, i guess. To be halfway responsible, to care how i look and act around other people, whether they are my age, or 3 times my age. When i was a preteen [12-ish] i had already had a serious boyfriend, was wearing LIGHT makeup, and could care less about riding around on a bike. I did, however, go skating and to the movies with my friends. I've always been able to hold a serious conversations with adults, ever since i could talk [according to my parents.]. People are always complaining about why kids grow up so fast, did you think that they want to? Did you think about the media having an affect? Did you think of even their parents having an affect on this?

Hope this helps.
<33.

- Crazywood883 - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

the hollywood life, everyone, particualy the teens, are pressured to be perfect, and the only way to be perfect is to have and eating disorder, have tons of money, have the best clothes and act like a ho, saddly thats whats perfect in our time

- just_acali_girl - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

Its a part of life.. we all grow up!

- headbanger - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

well there's a lot of pressure you know that's what it is i'm 15 but idc lol . alot of kids act on what they see there parents doing also.have a merry christmas.

- widewood768 - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

I really hate the current role models. Amazingly, many teen (or preteen who think they're teen) girls admire people like Paris Hilton, Brittany Spears and Nicole Ritchie, to name a few. It's really sick that they send this message to young girls and they suddenly think that it's fine to wear belly-bearing tops, too-heavy makeup, and no underwear, thongs, etc. I hate that teens are dating at young ages, and using social networking sites like myspace. It's kind of lousy that the kids who don't do these things are on the outs. I agree with you wholeheartedly.