Twitist Forums
What is wrong with kids these days? Why are they trying to grow up so fast? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Social Media questions (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: What is wrong with kids these days? Why are they trying to grow up so fast? (/thread-45103.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- C - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

Well I'm 16 and I agree kids are trying to grow up too fast... but when I was 13 I wore tons of makeup and I dressed way to sexy for my age (I was going to bars and stuff and hardly ever got ID'd)... Its kinda normal around here (in BC Canada)... I was anorexic by 9, drinking by the age of 11, doing drugs by 13... Its just a way of life... But I do agree with you now that I've matured some...

- Sydney - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

Kids are growing up to fast because the parents let them grow up to fast.

Parents control what their children watch on TV, what type of music they listen to, what clothes they buy from the store for the child to wear, how much makeup their allowed, etc...

So in my opinion, its the parents that's the problem not the kids.

P.S. Not all kids are "growing up to fast".

- Ashley W - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

You can try and blame it on the media but their not at fault! Im 14 and all i ever hear from my teachers and parents is grow up and take responsability! Teachers tell us we need to act more mature more adult like and basically act like adults! We're being forced to grow up to fast! Its bad enough kids are putting pressure on other kids about how they look and now we have to deal with the problems of the world! Its not the media! Its the adults putting to much pressure on kids! We just wanna be able to figure things out on our own instead of always being told how we should act and react!

- =] - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

im 16... and i dont really care about any of that stuff... i dont wear makeup wat so ever.... the only thing i worry about is making sure i dont get overweight, but i dont obsess about it, and i dont diet.. just excersise.... and im really focussed on school... yes i love shopping as well lol, and of course guys =]]

but i dont really think it has much to do with media.... they just wanna be older. they're rushing too much. they dont relize once they grow up, thats it they can never go back. they have no clue how difficult it can be being an adult....since they have it easy now, they think it will always be like that.

but this doesnt apply TO EVERY KID OUT THERE. just a alot

- cstinkerbell6969 - 11-27-2012 06:33 AM

Look at tv and all the magazines! Society makes it really hard on kids especially now a days! They make it so u have to look a certain way- wear certain clothes and shoes- and god forbid- u must weigh 80 lbs! It makes it soooo hard for young girls especially but also for the guys. I think its extremely sad! I know I was in a hurry to grow up- now I wish time would slow down! I think we all wanted to grow up fast cuz then we could make our own choices, blah blah blah.....then we realize its not quite as easy as we thought! But yes- society makes it really tough to be a certain image in order to fit in!