Twitist Forums
Will Facebook be the downfall of my generation? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Facebook forums (/forum-14.html)
+--- Forum: Facebook notifications (/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: Will Facebook be the downfall of my generation? (/thread-50701.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Will Facebook be the downfall of my generation? - IndieGirl101 - 12-13-2012 08:39 AM

I'm a teenager (16), and I got a Facebook about a year ago. However, I've come to realize that being on it not only drains my time, but is pointless. What difference in the world will it make if I join a group? Does it matter that so-and-so is brushing their teeth (status updates)??! What about talking to people face to face and forming meaningful relationships?! I'm afraid for my generation. Will be become dependent on these machines for everything? Will no one spend their time doing something that might actually affect the world around us for the better? And it promotes narcissism and vanity! Everyone's competing to have more friends, a "hotter" profile pic, a better relationship status...Who freaking cares?!?! We're self-centered ENOUGH without the help of a website!! Will we stop caring about other people all together?! I'm seriously considering deleting mine, though I don't want to lose touch with those I hardly see. Maybe I'll just set it up so I get email notifications and let it set for a while. I need to unplug and reclaim my time. Let me know your opinions. ~Indie G

- tallbattle952 - 12-13-2012 08:47 AM

nope I dont use it

- Dizzay.com - 12-13-2012 08:47 AM

.no

- E J - 12-13-2012 08:47 AM

AGREE... and the games get addicting. I'm hoping to quit too, i'm in the same boat Smile

- justmyopinions - 12-13-2012 08:47 AM

and all that public information you have put up there...will be shared with the world in any public job or even private jobs you may seek in the future.

- sambusy93 - 12-13-2012 08:47 AM

if you don't like it, stop hatin' and get yo bitch ass off the fucking website you stupid bitch

- hamon rye - 12-13-2012 08:47 AM

no, the gap will be (or guess or vuitton or whoever)

- smallclover624 - 12-13-2012 08:47 AM

No, constant cursing, lack of morals, and respect will be the downfall of this generation. I.E. sambusy9

- Terminator - 12-13-2012 08:47 AM

I don't know, but that shouldn't be the only thing you spend your time on, I recon you might have exams or projects, if so get it done first, then go online.

- typawprint - 12-13-2012 08:47 AM

i to have a facebook. in my spare time i go on facebook so it doesn't take up my life lol. its a way to communicate with friends that aren't right there with you so i think it's pretty nice, but i wouldn't spend forever on facebook.