Twitist Forums
Do immigrants in the UK get all the council homes? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Do immigrants in the UK get all the council homes? (/thread-52376.html)

Pages: 1 2

Do immigrants in the UK get all the council homes? - TheCoalitiongovernmentsucks.com - 12-19-2012 03:47 AM

This is an issue that always seems to appear in the news...

DO immigrants really get preferential treatment in the british social housing market OR is it just daily mail propaganda?

- vambo the fourth - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

No, they don't.

- the ghost - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

its propaganda , check the figures at your local councail offices you will find that its only 5 - 10% of housing that goes to immigrants and they have to go through the same waiting times , checks etc that the rest of us have to.

- domnolli - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

yes its true, and they dont have to pay, and they milk the place dry, it makes u sick were u got folk that have been living here all there lifes and cant get any help

- val f1 nutter - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

no they don't. they are in fact entitled to nothing at all. I know this because I am married to a former asylum seeker. I get so fed up with the media saying immigrants get this immigrants get that when in fact they get nothing.

- Capodastaro - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

yes well around where i live anyway

- drfeelgood90 - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

yes they get the 3 bedroom houses english people get masionettes and high rise sh#t housing english get sweet fa from social services be cause to many do gooders about

- Clare B - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

Yes...they get our homes,money for cars,clothes,food I could go on and on. I know from experience about the car....my friend owns a garage and an immigrant turned up to buy a car (was given a voucher to buy a car by our government), my friend refused as he had no licence,no insurance nothing.A couple of hours later he had a phone call saying he had to accept it and sell him the car.
They wont do it for local people who have lived here and paid tax and insurance all our lives.
There are two immigrant families on our estate who were given houses the minute they arrived and they refuse to speak our language, are very rude and abusive.Another friend of mine has been moved from B&B for 2 years now with her kids and they still wont give her a house even though she left an abusive husband!! Fair I think not.

- powerball - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

Not intentionally. They arrive in the UK and state they have no money and cannot afford to live anywhere, prioritised even higher if they have children. Foreign immigrants are receiving millions in housing benefit throughout the UK and being provided homes by Local Authorities who are probably left with no choice. Many receive expert guidance on how to do this by their specific minority groups already claiming. There are in addition many more who defraud benefit agencies and unlawfully claim further financial sums by for example renting properties but stating they are living there. They inform the benefit agencies they have separated from their spouses when they haven't. (Thats one method, there is many more). Of course that's not to say indigenous citizens don't do the same. I wish I could say this is an opinion but I'm afraid its an accepted fact. There are benefit hot lines if you suspect this and have some evidence to provide.

- zealousfood679 - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

It's a load of rubbish. I was born in this country and managed to get council housing - it all depends on the points system.

Edit - 'Jake H' is talking bullshit. He's a BNP supporter.