Twitist Forums
Do immigrants in the UK get all the council homes? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Do immigrants in the UK get all the council homes? (/thread-52376.html)

Pages: 1 2

- politicsguy - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

No, it's a myth.

- Rommel - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

my daughter gets pushed down the list every time an immigrant sighns on. they automaticly go to the top of the housing list. no matter how long youve been on it. in fact in areas like bradford, if your white and British born you might as well come off of it. because you are never going to get housed. my daughter has been right at the top twice now. shes been on the list for five and a half years.

- Capt Jack - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

Not sure it's even Daily Mail propaganda, or just something people tell each other in pubs so often it becomes accepted as truth.

No, it's not true, other than child benefit (which is a pittance compared to tax) immigrants aren't entitled to this sort of thing for 2 years.

- happyWanderer547 - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

They don't get ALL of them but if they are homeless they are given priority. I know people living in Hillingdon the borough in which immigrants flood into Heathrow and indigenous people cannot even get on social housing lists because of the shortage of available property and high demand by immigrants. It is therefore true that homeless immigrants are given priority. And they wonder why people resent immigrants when our infrastructure is over stretched.

- conservation chris - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

I think that it is a sick state of affairs when even one immigrant is given a house when there are indigenous britains who have to wait, surely if there is a house to be had it should be given to a Briton first.
Check out this site

- Jake H - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

my uncle has been trying to get a council for the lasts 20 years and still hasnt got one but 100s of poles have moved in my town and have all been home the only way u get a home in england if your british to be a single mother or a young girl with one on the way

- trivialsid - 12-19-2012 03:55 AM

Browns stated vision is to build 3 MILLION houses of which 2 MILLION are for there immigration policys (figures from migrationwatch and accepted by "goverment") . With the coming tipping point for oil these houses will be unsustainable for gas,electric,water or food. How can this be other than criminal and insane.