Twitist Forums
can I refuse to serve a customer? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: Twitter forums (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Twitter privacy (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: can I refuse to serve a customer? (/thread-52495.html)

Pages: 1 2

- laughter_every_day - 12-19-2012 02:39 PM

I do not know what nation you are in and therefore cannot say. In my nation, you can refuse to do business with someone if you wish. I would fire you for that decision, but that was not your question.

- Fustercluck - 12-19-2012 02:39 PM

As owner you've the legal right to refuse service for any reason accept race. In some weired areas where perversion is accepted as norm you also cannot refused to serve a homo or a cross dresser.

- Michael T - 12-19-2012 02:39 PM

do what the boss says or find another job

- s and d e - 12-19-2012 02:39 PM

You are an employee, its up to the owner it manager,not you.

- Pamela - 12-19-2012 02:39 PM

Its up to the owner of the shop to refuse to serve anyone, not you,you just do as your manager tells you. You have to serve them or look for another job.

- simon - 12-19-2012 02:39 PM

If it is not your business, and you are simply someone else's emloyee, then you have no rights or authorisation to refuse a customer service or entry on the basis that you think they are rude. Your employer will be unlikely to want to turn their revenue down simply because of your personal opinion, and even less so because you happen to have had an argument with one of them on Twitter.

If you don't want to serve them, either get another employee to deal with them, or if its that important to you, quit the job.

(Incredibly childish question, by the way).