Twitist Forums
Should the United States cease to exist to allow for 'the market' to work? - Printable Version

+- Twitist Forums (http://twitist.com)
+-- Forum: General Social Media & Marketing Forums (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Social Marketing (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Should the United States cease to exist to allow for 'the market' to work? (/thread-55361.html)

Pages: 1 2

Should the United States cease to exist to allow for 'the market' to work? - Matthew D - 01-17-2013 10:28 PM

Since policy can only interfere with the market, and interfering with the market is always bad, and it is always a bad outcome should we dissolve all policy? All policy. I am MORE than sure if the united states were to dissolve companies that were profitable no longer would be. That would just be the almighty market doing what is best, because without policy the market knows best.
Right?

- . - 01-17-2013 10:36 PM

I have been on Yahoo Answers all week because I'm sick and you are ALWAYS on here! Do you have a life? A job?

- noisyname744 - 01-17-2013 10:36 PM

Yes.

Government should protect our bill of rights. Provide a means of redress against fraud and stay the hell out of our social and economic lives!

- Terran - 01-17-2013 10:36 PM

Look up Night Watchman State on Wikipedia, tell me where in said ideology government interferes in the market, and then come back and spew this load of garbage again. Here, I'll even post a link to it for you since I'm sure you're too lazy to look it up yourself.

- flatfield555 - 01-17-2013 10:36 PM

No one on the Right is going to get your point.

- Andy G - 01-17-2013 10:36 PM

well, GM now means Guberment Motors thanks to the lib messiah so the weak argument is thrown out the window!!!!

- cbob - 01-17-2013 10:36 PM

You should go to work, already.

- happyglove096 - 01-17-2013 10:36 PM

Less regulations would work, tariffs on trade would be a good start. More right to work states a must.

- Quietfireman084 - 01-17-2013 10:36 PM

As anyone non-retarded can tell you, not ALL policy is market-related. In fact, almost no policy that's LAWFUL for the Feds to make has anything to do with it at all.

You seem to think "controlling" the market through policy is a good idea.
Consider total knowledge about the aggregate wants/needs of everyone. Do you ACTUALLY believe "policy makers" have MORE such knowledge than "everyone," or do you think it's best to have these choices made by the group with LESS knowledge? No third justification can exist for the supposition that market POLICY is a good thing.

- Wj - 01-17-2013 10:36 PM

In the short run, the loss of a stable order, regardless of how inefficient it is, is bad for business. But if you replaced our current government with the one that existed in the early 1900s, it could only be good for business.

Government should focus on promoting fairness (in opportunity, not outcome) and freedom, not on quixotic pipe dreams.